Founded in 1950, Stripe-A-Zone has continuously been the industry leader of parking lot striping, airport pavement markings, and sealcoating. While offering a full range of parking lot and road services, we strive to improve quality through innovation, technology, and our vast experience. Our large fleet of service trucks and professional parking lot stripers allows us to perform emergency jobs in a timely manner with a shared sense of urgency. It is our goal to continue to supply Texas and the Continental U.S. with the highest quality pavement marking services in the industry.
The CDL driver will be responsible for handling the transportation of equipment and material necessary to perform duties related to the pavement marking process. In addition, the individual will be in charge of loading and unloading material from trucks by hand, with the assistance of another individual. The driver must provide this service by following all regulations required by the Department of Transportation.
- Drive vehicles with a Gross Vehicle Weight (GVW) over 26,000 lbs.
- Ensure contents are properly secured in a truck, flatbed to prevent damage/injury
- Performs pre-trip and post-trip inspections in accordance with Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations and company policies and procedures. Reports vehicle defects, accidents, traffic violations, or damage before and after route. Fuels truck as needed.
- Stay on a predetermined route and ensure timely transport
- Maintain and service vehicle as needed (refuel, change oil, tire pressure, repairs, etc.)
- Maintain detailed driving and delivery logs and submit daily
- Loading, unloading and driving trucks
- Bend and reach to load and unload van, truck, or personal vehicle
- Adhere to company rules and regulations
- Obey all applicable traffic laws and drive in according to the weather/road conditions
- Other duties as may be needed
- Make safety a priority at all times
· Possess great physical stamina and focus during long driving shifts
· Comfortable with long-haul transport
· Proficient using GPS and other routing systems
· Map reading and route planning experience
· An innate sense of direction
· Self-starter who works well independently
· Disciplined, dependable, and resourceful
· High level of composure and good stress management
· High school diploma or GED equivalent preferred
· Valid commercial driver’s license (CDL) required
· 2+ years of proven experience in commercial truck driving preferred but not required
· Clean driving record with no moving violations
· Must pass a background check and drug test
· Skilled at driving and parking large, heavy vehicles
· Alert, focused, and detail-oriented
· Physically and mentally fit
· Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. at a time
- See objects in very bright or glaring light.
- See differences between colors, shades, and brightness.
- Understand the speech of another person.
- Use stomach and lower back muscles to support the body for long periods without getting tired.
- Use fingers to grasp, move, or assemble very small objects.
- Bend, stretch, twist, or reach out.
- Coordinate movement of several parts of the body, such as arms and legs, while the body is moving.
- Use muscles for extended periods without getting tired.
- Move arms and legs quickly.
- Determine from which direction a sound came.
- Make fast, repeated movements of fingers, hands, and wrists.
- Keep or regain the body's balance or stay upright when in an unstable position.
Stripe-a-zone provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Job Type: Full-time