- The ideal candidate will have a Ph.D., DVM or other equivalent terminal degree plus: training or experience in the field of Environmental Engineering.
- Substantial experience working in the field of environmental engineering.
- Record of scholarly research through publications, presentations and/or professional practice.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with strong interpersonal skills.
- Familiarity with technical terminology as appropriate.
- Excellent initiative and organizational skills with ability to work both autonomously and in a team.
- Great time management skills.
- Ability and willingness to work with students from diverse political/socioeconomic backgrounds and a wide range of physical and academic abilities.
- Personal commitment to the environmental focus and mission of the college.
- Ability to function effectively within a matrix organizational structure, maintaining open lines of communication while being discreet, courteous and well poised.
- Experience teaching online courses in an adult market.
Work Schedule / Availability Requirements
Work hours are specific to the requirements of this position and can include days, evenings, and weekends. Working extended hours required as needed. Must be flexible and cooperative in fulfilling responsibilities and meeting the Colleges needs. Although Unity College employees are generally scheduled to work at their specifically assigned locations, there are times when travel is necessary and employees are required from time to time to attend events, meetings or work temporary assignment at any Unity College location.
While performing the duties of this job, it is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand or walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The use of either hand for repetitive movements such as grasping, grasping and turning, and fine manipulation is required as is the ability to use the telephone for internal and external communications.
Unity College offers a comprehensive and competitive compensation and benefits package for its faculty and staff. Benefits for eligible employees include:
- Short- and Long-term disability
- Life Insurance
- Flexible work benefit eligible
At Unity College, we dont just accept difference we celebrate it, we support it,
and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our students, and our community.
Unity College is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.