Do you have an ability to find opportunities for continuous improvement throughout production?
You will test ideas to demonstrate the improvements and work with the production and engineering teams in order to bring those ideas into regular production. Requires comprehensive knowledge and applications of most of our manufacturing operations. More specifically, this job requires competency in all final assembly operations, spray carousel and upholstering. On occasion this position will be asked to perform functions in other areas such as cutting fabric, working in the Mill and/or the Metal shop. This position does require flexible first shift hours
- Ability to assemble all Final Assembly products to quality & compliance specifications.
- Ability to work efficiently and safely for all above mentioned operations.
- Must demonstrate leadership characteristics and effectively train co-workers when called upon.
- Must demonstrate exemplary performance in minimizing scrap and rework during assembly, spraying and upholstery operations.
- Must flawlessly follow work-instructions sequence & content as well as working with Engineering to improve these WI documents.
- Must be able to actively participate in the Continuous Improvement process.
- Must verify all tools work properly and gauges are within calibration date
- Fill out inspection sheets following all inspection points, perform mid-inspection points on unit when WI notes, and visual check for defects of completed unit.
- Ability to work in a flexible fashion both in terms of work content and shift start time schedules.
- Maintain regular and punctual attendance.
- Comply with Oakworks company rules, policies, and procedures, including safety, quality, department specific rules, and maintaining proprietary and confidential Company information
- Demonstrates professional behavior, integrity, strong work ethic, and Oakworks high standards.
- Ability to follow verbal and written work instructions.
- Keeps work area neat and organized at all times.
- Willingness to learn new and improve current skills in an environment of continuous improvement.
- Work cooperatively with others in a team environment.
- Supports departmental efforts towards achievement of Oakworks goals.
- Assures that personal productivity meets departmental demands.
General Duties and Responsibilities:
- General maintenance of machine and minor repairs to equipment
- Performs departmental duties, as needed.
- Generates reports and analysis for departments, as required.
- Communicates information as appropriate.
- Provides suggestions to improve quality and efficiency.
- Keeps current on state-of-the art technology affecting functional areas to increase innovation and ensure compliance and a high level of competency in use of company software as it relates to the responsibilities of the position.
- Must complete training plan to perform job requirements in a safe and consistent manner as specified by Quality Management System (QMS):
- Employee Training will include the intended end use of the products
- Shall be aware of device defects which may occur from the improper performance of their specific jobs. Includes periodic recertification. Responsible to report any defects either caused or observed.
Must be available during production hours from 5:30am to 6:00pm. Additional overtime hours may be required.
Please Note: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice. Employment with the company is at-will. The employee must be
able to perform the essential functions of the position satisfactorily and that, if requested,
reasonable accommodations may be made to enable employees with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their job, absent undue hardship.