The Rosedale Shelter intern is responsible for assisting YSS to help advance the mission and program by:
- Supervising of clients
- Transporting clients to recreational activities, counseling, and medical appointments
- Answering telephones and general office work
- Assisting with meal preparation
- Acting as a positive role model for all clients
- Reporting observations daily
- Participating in educational group discussions regarding drug free education and conflict resolution
- Tutoring clients with their school work as needed
What YOU are looking for:
- Gain valuable experience within a nonprofit organization.
- Learn more about behind the scenes of shelter programs within a nonprofit organization.
- Make connections with other professionals in the nonprofit organization.
- Casual dress code, fun team, and the opportunity to extend the internship into next semester.
What WE are looking for:
- Commitment, Collaboration, Compassion, Innovation, Integrity, and a Can Do Spirit.
- Ability to work collaboratively and independently.
- Interest in youth ages 10-17, child welfare emergency services, and YSS mission.
- All majors are accepted. The following majors are preferred: Criminal Justice, Social Work, Human Services and related fields.
Training, Supervision, and Benefits:
- Must attend an orientation to cover YSS policies regarding confidentiality, drug-free work environment, and child abuse reporting
- Must attend the mandatory four hour training orientation and two hour monthly trainings
- Must read and understand policies regarding parents and clients