- Meet or exceed recruitment goals, which are set annually.
- Build and maintain necessary relationships with prospective students and other influencers.
- Review student applications for admission decisions for designated online programs based on agreed upon parameters.
- Prepare and deliver effective recruitment presentations at colleges, fairs, workshops, and conferences while managing a table at those events.
- Counsel and guide students through each stage of the admissions process.
- Make phone calls, send emails, traditional mail, and be comfortable using effective technology as part of the recruitment process.
- Become knowledgeable and articulate about Unity College Distance Education, its programs, market niche, strategies, and procedures.
- Understand how to work with non-traditional and adult learners.
- Full life cycle management of a pool of applicants: proactive and holistic student contact and conversion throughout the inquiry, application, and processes using the Constituent Relationship Management (CRM) database.
- Serve as primary information provider for students about the admission process, including information about financial aid, billing, and the academic experience.
- Partner with Unity College Area Representatives to recruit greater number of students from secondary and tertiary territories.
- Maintain appropriate records and submit timely reports on all recruitment activities as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors degree
- 3 years experience in college admissions recruiting.
- Excellent initiative and organizational skills with ability to work both autonomously and in a team.
- Great time management skills.
- Ability to be professionally persistent.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability and willingness to work with students from diverse political/socioeconomic backgrounds and a wide range of physical and academic abilities.
- Good skills in word processing, spreadsheets, and computerized database systems.
- Personal commitment to the environmental focus and mission of Unity College.
- Ability to function effectively within a matrix organizational structure, maintaining open lines of communication while being discreet, courteous, and well poised.
- Experience in recruiting online students.
- Personal experience with higher education financial assistance programs.
Work Schedule / Availability Requirements
Work hours are specific to the requirements of this position and can include days, evenings, and weekends. Working extended hours required as needed. Must be flexible and cooperative in fulfilling responsibilities and meeting the Colleges needs. Although Unity College employees are generally scheduled to work at their specifically assigned locations, there are times when travel is necessary and employees are required from time to time to attend events, meetings or work temporary assignment at any Unity College location.
While performing the duties of this job, it is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand or walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The use of either hand for repetitive movements such as grasping, grasping and turning, and fine manipulation is required as is the ability to use the telephone for internal and external communications.
Location: Pineland Farms, New Gloucester, Maine
Just a half hour from Portland, Unity College Headquarters, Unity College Distance Education, The Technical School for Environmental Professions (opening in 2022), and the School of Environmental Business & Sustainable Ventures are based at the Pineland Farms campus. The facilities are within easy access to one of the fastest-growing cities for startups in the country.
Unity College offers a comprehensive and competitive compensation and benefits package for its faculty and staff. Benefits for eligible employees include:
- Paid holidays
- Paid time off
- Short- and Long-term disability
- Life Insurance
- Flexible work benefit eligible