Are you the kind of person who needs to help others to feel fulfilled? We’re looking for team-oriented professionals who are not only passionate about working with children and adults with special needs, but who also value optimism, creativity, kindness and compassion! We’re proud of our company culture and if you think your values align with our vision, we encourage you to apply!
We’re looking for a Qualified Intellectual Disabilities Professional (QIDP) who is committed to serving people through positive and encouraging interactions. The ideal candidate will have excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong team-building abilities and high performance standards. To be successful in this position, candidates should be organized, self-motivated, reliable and able to analyze problems while offering solutions. Most importantly, a Qualified Intellectual Disabilities Professional should be empathetic to the emotional and physical needs of the people we support while respecting their right to confidentiality, justice and fairness.
- Accurately access the needs of each resident, coordinate both treatment team meetings and staff trainings, as well as oversee direct observation of patients.
- Audit records for fidelity and accuracy.
- Assist in helping individuals achieve independence and coordinate goals between school, residence, family, community partners, nursing staff and behavior support specialists.
- Bachelors’ degree in a human services field such as social work, mental health counseling, education or psychology.
- One year experience working with people diagnosed with developmental and/or intellectual disabilities preferred.
Full time, 40 hours per week, flexible to the needs of the program with a minimum of 40 hours monthly spent in the residential sites, day program sites and volunteer opportunity sties. May also include weekend hours.
Pay commensurate with experience. Entry level rate is $18.25 per hour plus benefits.
Please apply online with our application and you may attach a resume and cover letter indicating your experience and education for the role.
The Arc Jefferson – St. Lawrence is located in the beautiful region of Upstate New York, perfectly placed between the scenic Thousand Islands and the Adirondack Mountains which boasts of world-class white water rafting, bass and salmon fishing, as well as countless miles of snowmobile, ski and horseback riding trails for you to enjoy. Come see what this outdoor playground has to offer!
The Arc Jefferson - St. Lawrence is an equal opportunity employer: disabled/veteran