Thorough hands-on knowledge and understanding of forklifts and appliance type paddle clamp attachment lift trucks and their controls. Knowledge of proper handling techniques and operation procedures.
Track all incoming and outgoing shipments. Prepare and package all items for shipment. Maintain daily records of all incoming and outgoing shipments.
Organizing the daily shipping functions independently or with limited direction. Daily activities associated are accepting and expediting orders for our customers. Resolves customer issues regarding order fill, delivery, and inventory. Works with internal groups to ensure clear communication and execution of orders.
Receiving: Unloading truck and trailers of incoming merchandise using a forklift, pallet jack and simple mechanical devices as directed. Moving pallets, boxes and other shipping containers to the designated area for stock. Participates in company wide inventory. (This is mandatory.)
Communicate with scheduler on roll stock deliveries. Inspection of Roll Stock Trailer (complete form, claim damaged rolls)
Unload roll stock trucks. Enter and maintain roll stock inventory in ERP System. Organize roll stock inventory (1st in 1st out program for roll stock usage) Pull and stage roll stock for Sheeting Department. Return unused and partial rolls to roll stock inventory (properly labeled, appropriate bin location, scanned back into ERP.) Perform random stock checks weekly and bi-weekly, annual counts.
Operates lift trucks or forklifts in product storage, staging and loading of customer vehicles and commercial trucks with strict requirements for zero product damage with complete accuracy in counts.
Broad training in a related professional field usually acquired through HS diploma or Equivalent education or equivalent combination knowledge, skills, education or work related experience.
Job related experience for six (6) months minimum.
Must be able to comply with direction, both written and verbal.
Lifting up to 50lbs, and standing for long periods (up to 10hrs) may be required.
Moving, picking, stamping, scanning and palletizing items is required, good PC skills Microsoft Office.
- Good oral and written English communication skills.
- Interpersonal and human relation skills.
- Excellent forklift operational and safety skills
- Skill in operating various hand tools, material handling equipment, skids, pallet handlers and hand trucks.
- Strong math skills.
- Ability to multitask
- Thorough hands-on knowledge and understanding of forklifts and attachment lift trucks and their controls.
- Knowledge of proper handling techniques and operation procedures.
- Knowledge of the company product process flow and parts.
- Knowledge of safety policies and procedures.
- Thorough understanding of computer data entry.