- As a Chemical Operator, you will be responsible for safely and efficiently assembling raw materials and processing products according to Hockings high-quality standards using automatic/manual machines, hand tools and equipment.
- This position is responsible for creating batches following a recipe on batch tickets, tracking raw material inventory while maintain a safe work environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Follow detailed written methods, instructions and formula for mixing, blending and compounding specific ingredients in precise amounts for the manufacture of consumer and industrial products.
- Distinguish between various raw materials by proper labels and physical properties during batching
- Understand the key process variables which impact product quality and consistency and understand how to control and troubleshoot them.
- Prepares and makes ready all materials for manufacturing. Monitors change of temperature, pressure, visual appearance, physical changes and other significant developments which serve as an indication of process progress.
- Fill out a batch sheet complete with all necessary data including but not limited to weight of each add, time of completion with date and testing results.
- Able to communicate any change or discrepancy to equipment or batches on time, clearly and effectively across the team
- Maintain clean work areas, cleans manufacturing and storage tanks, all lines and all other equipment, using steam and various cleaning agents as required.
- Operate Lift Truck to move/store raw materials.
- Perform minor maintenance tasks as required to keep processes operating
- Understand and follow OSHA, EPA, ADEM and other regulations.
- Experienced forklift operator
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proficiency in math, reading comprehension, and mechanical reasoning with strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Able to become respirator fit tested for safe operations
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment.