SUMMARY The Kraft Soccer Data Analyst will be a skilled programmer and problem solver who has a passion for data and interest in the application of advanced analytics to gain a competitive advantage. This role will work to analyze New England Revolution event, tracking, and physical data to support the coaching, scouting, and sport science staffs. The position responsibilities involve assisting with the execution of Analytics & Data Science team projects, including the creation of diagnostic, predictive, and prescriptive models, as well as visualizations and reports.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Analyze and derive operative insights from player tracking data to assist in creating and delivering match-to-match scouting materials to the coaching staffs.
- Brainstorm and collaborate with stakeholders across the coaching, scouting, and sport science staffs to create and execute new research projects using match tracking data and/or event data.
- Create new diagnostic, predictive, and prescriptive models that can influence decision making, while also exploring ways to improve existing models.
- Maintain and document all work associated to analyses and data science products, including Python and/or R coding. Ensure code is readable.
- Collaborate with cross-functional groups across the coaching, scouting, and sport science staffs and create custom solutions as needed.
- Special projects and assignments as business dictates.
- Responsible for the maintenance, creation and control of all personally identifiable information or any other information protected by any Confidentiality or Privacy Standards or Company Policies that you have access or knowledge of, including but not limited to any state or federal regulations including HIPAA.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's Degree in Statistics, Economics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Data Science, or quantitative discipline
- 1-3 years of relevant coursework or analytical work experience
- Knowledge of statistical and predictive modeling techniques
- Proficiency with Excel and Python
- Experience with R, and Tableau or Power-BI preferred
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work within a diverse team and serve a variety of stakeholders with different priorities
- Experience interacting with management, presenting, and acting in a professional manner
- Outstanding organizational skills and keen attention to detail
- Deep interest in analytics and technology
- Excellent communication skills
- Interest in sports, in particular soccer, preferred
- Night and weekend availability around match schedules required
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands to handle or feel
- The employee frequently is required to talk or hear
- The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms, bend at the knees
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
- Normal office environment
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
This company is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.