SUMMARY: NASPO ValuePoint is the cooperative contracting division of the National Association of State Procurement Officials (NASPO), a non-profit organization formed in 1947, comprised of the Chief Procurement Officials of all fifty states, Washington D.C. and the U.S. Territories. NASPO has multiple divisions in addition to NASPO ValuePoint, including Research and Innovation, ProcurementU, and a Team dedicated to Conferences and Events.
NASPOs mission is to: Promote government excellence by delivering superior procurement solutions for the benefit of the public.
NASPO ValuePoint facilitates administration of the NASPO cooperative group purchasing consortium of state Chief Procurement Officials for the benefit of state agencies and political subdivisions; as well as other eligible entities including cities, counties, special districts, K-12, community colleges, universities, and some quasi-governmental and nonprofit organizations.
The NASPO ValuePoint Deputy Director of Administrative Services is primarily responsible for responding to daily inquiries related to ValuePoint, including providing assistance navigating current Master Agreements, as well as facilitating participation by interested public and other qualified entities. This position will also assist the Director of Administrative Services in supporting the ValuePoint Team as a whole, including scheduling meetings, distributing agendas, updating and maintaining policy documents; as well as assisting with strategic planning, conference management, marketing and outreach, and processing financial transactions.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Respond to general inquiries received by NASPO ValuePoint on a daily basis (via e-mail, phone or through the website), either with a comprehensive response or re-direct to the Chief Operations Officer, Director of Administrative Services, Cooperative Portfolio Manager(s) or other appropriate resource.
- Log inquiries, prepare reports, and develop template responses in coordination with the Technology Team and other ValuePoint staff.
- NOTE: There may be dozens of inquiries on a daily basis, many of which require additional research and multiple communications via e-mail/phone; requiring a comprehensive understanding of, and ability to effectively navigate approximately 400 ValuePoint contracts.
- Provide support to (and at the direction of) the Director of Administrative Services in the following areas:
- Day-to-day operations, as well as the long-term strategic goals of NASPO and the NASPO ValuePoint division in particular.
- Preparation of ValuePoint Executive Council and Committee agendas, in coordination with the CEO, COO and ValuePoint Chair.
- Updating/maintaining ValuePoint policies, procedures and other records, as directed by the CEO and COO.
- Preparing/sending correspondence to state members, Board members, staff, suppliers and strategic partners.
- Representing and promoting NASPO and NASPO ValuePoint through internal and external functions, including tradeshows and conferences.
- Identifying opportunities for additional/improved service to members, including website feedback and suggested modifications to all modes of communication.
- Coordinating registration and shipping for conferences and tradeshows in conjunction with the ValuePoint Marketing Director and other NASPO staff, in addition to virtual booth development.
- Working with the NASPO Finance Division on payables, invoicing, fund usage and expense reimbursements related to ValuePoint portfolios, endowment funds and staff/member travel and other expenses.
- Coordinating technology and other office-related needs for remote ValuePoint staff.
- Scheduling/coordinating meetings and other support for Cooperative Procurement Managers and other ValuePoint staff.
- Coordinating (on behalf of the ValuePoint division) with other NASPO divisions, including Conference & Events, Technology, ProcurementU and Research & Innovation.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.