The Pack House (PH) Lead will be responsible for day-to-day supervision of the Pack House production and inventory management. The PH Lead reports directly to the Pack House Supervisor and works in collaboration with our Sales, Customer Service, Logistics, and Distribution team. This is a hands-on role requiring an individual that is a true leader, can rally a team, maintain positive morale and work environment, and ensure a smooth efficiently run operation. This is a full-time working lead role and will require an individual who is willing to roll up their sleeves and get dirty, and work weekends.
Prior experience in the natural and organic food industry is a plus but not required. This is an opportunity for anenthusiastic, self-motivatedand organizedindividual to assume a position at a rapidly growing, innovative, disruptive company in the 21st-century food system.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Assist in Management of Packers- Ensure Packers are punctual and work quickly and effectively train new assistants in the proper way to do tasks, handle leaves, and proper cleaning & sanitation methods of produces
- Ensure safe work conditions and food safety are maintained at all times.
- Support Supervisor to ensure that GMPs are followed
- Support Supervisor to ensure that all PH Logs are kept up to date including but not limited to QC Verification Log, Opening Log, Closing Log, Packhouse Log, temp logs, etc.
- Constant communication with harvesters to detect any diseases or cross-contamination and communicate to Supervisor for further actions (NUOCA log in place, etc.)
- Support in the maintenance and cleanliness of Packing House, cooler, and Harvest area including all equipment.
- Communicate daily with Supervisor and provide feedback on employee's performance, provide ideas to improve efficiencies, and maintain pack/harvest-pace.
- Execute the harvest order according to the Supervisors direction including Retail and Wholesale.
- Supports packhouse leaders in proper FIFO rotation and maintains cooler cleanliness/organization and provides daily cooler inventory.
WHO YOU ARE
- Leads by example with a “can do” attitude
- Laser-focused attention to detail
- Great multitasking abilities
- Desire to grow and learn food safety rules and regulations
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to lift 50 pounds.
- Ability to stand for a full8-hourshift.
- A willingness and desire to assist in unrelated and/or unassigned tasks to ensure the effective operation of the GH andPH.
- Must be a problem solver andbe capable of identifyingareas of efficiencies.
- Working knowledge or willingness to learn MS applications, Outlook, Word, and Excel.
The ideal candidate:
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
- Reliable and highly motivated with a creative flair and lively personality
- Passionate commitment to the company vision
- Appreciation for principles of sustainable agriculture and food
WHO WE ARE
Gotham Greens is an indoor farming company and a fresh food brand on a mission to transform the way we approach our food system, putting people and the planet at the forefront. Gotham Greens produces and delivers long-lasting and delicious leafy greens, herbs, salad dressings, dips, and cooking sauces all year round to retail, restaurant, and foodservice customers.
A Certified B Corporation™, Gotham Greens sustainably grows high-quality produce using up to 90% less water and 97% less land than conventional farming through its national network of climate-controlled, high-tech greenhouses across America, including locations in New York, Illinois, Rhode Island, Maryland, Virginia, Colorado, and California.
Since its launch in 2011, Gotham Greens has grown from a single urban rooftop greenhouse in Brooklyn, N.Y., to one of the largest hydroponic leafy green producers in North America. For more information, visit gothamgreens.com.