Norris McLaughlin is a multi-practice, commercial law firm with offices in New Jersey, New York, and Pennsylvania. Our capabilities and experience include legal counsel on matters of national and international scope. With a team of 110 attorneys practicing in over 30 legal disciplines and industry-focused groups, we are well-positioned to service a wide range of clients, including small businesses, middle-market companies, and Fortune 500 corporations, as well as the private individuals and families who own, lead, and/or manage those companies.
The firm has an immediate opening for an Employee Benefits Paralegal in New Jersey to join the team. The ideal candidate will have at least 3 years of experience as an employment benefits paralegal and is familiar with employee benefit plans (401(k) plans, group health plans, pension plans, employment agreements, stock option agreements and other similar compensation arrangements.
Essential Job Functions:
- Management of plan administration and termination processes
- Assist attorneys in drafting and revising legal memos, corporate governance documents and contracts and submission of administrative forms.
- Provide research support of statutory issues, regulations, and guidance
- Extensive interactions with clients to intake materials and prepare document requests
- Maintain compliance filings calendar
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or 3 years of relevant experience in a professional services firm
- Business law/corporate experience desired
- Superior project management and time management skills
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills are key
- Highly motivated and able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Strong interpersonal skills
To be considered for this position please fill out and submit the online application along with your cover letter and resume.
NM provides employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals based on merit, qualifications, and abilities in a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. Employment decisions are made without regard to race color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law, in accordance with applicated federal, state, and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.