The Inventory Control Lead position for Stripe-A-Zone is in place to monitor and report company inventory. Under general supervision from production management, this position will perform a variety of duties in accounting for inventory stock, inventory count, issuing inventory, accounts receivable, receiving, product handling, warehouse/yard/facility organization and cleanliness.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Assists with the planning of the layout of stockroom, warehouse, and other storage areas, considering turnover, size, weight, and related factors of items stored
- Reviews records for accuracy of information and compliance with established procedures, and to determine adequacy of stock levels
- Traces history of items to determine reasons for discrepancies between inventory and stock control records and recommends remedial actions to resolve discrepancies
- Determines work procedures, prepares work schedules, and expedites workflow.
- Sets cycle counts of inventory, researches and clears any discrepancies
- Reviews daily reports and ensure completion of key tasks designed to keep an accurate inventory
- Prepares composite reports from individual reports of Inventory Specialists
- Assists in performing physical inventories and proper stock rotation
- Performs audits and cycle counts according to ISO 9001 procedures
- Informs supervisor of any unsafe or hazardous working conditions
- Maintains a Company Credit Card and monthly expenses
- Maintains daily inventory and material for our crews
- Create a Purchase Requisitions to be converted to Purchase Orders for material
- Order material daily
- Remove inventory used by crews through the daily sheet
- Order job material from vendors when needed for a job
- Look over work orders and plan to decipher what is needed to be ordered
- Communicate any issues with the team
- Leads a Monthly Physical inventory count.
- Other duties as required and assigned
- High school diploma or GED (General Education Diploma) equivalency
- Minimum 2 years of experience in warehouse, yard, or stockroom inventory role
- Experience with forklift operation
- Experience with Microsoft Office (word, excel, outlook)
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manual
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form
- Attention to accuracy and detail required
- Knowledge of Sage Intacct/Customer Reporting a plus
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
- The employee is frequently required to stand, reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear.
- The employee is required to walk, stoop, kneel, or crouch.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and vehicles.
- The employee is regularly exposed to extreme heat and/or cold, or temperatures consistent to