Overview: An Assistant Head Route Setter is someone who leads the dynamic route setting team! The Assistant Head Route Setter is a highly motivated individual who loves creating new challenges for the community, seeking opportunities to further their understanding of climbing movement through practice, and sharing their passion for climbing with the Sender One community.
- Co-leads the route setting team to achieve daily and weekly goals;
- Works closely with the Head Route Setter and Director of Route Setting to align teams with departmental goals and company goals;
- Creates top-quality routes and boulders that foster a challenging and unique climbing experience;
- Assists team members to meet team goals and proactively troubleshoot issues as they arise throughout the workday;
- Mentors new and veteran setters toward the shared route-setting vision;
- Holds route setters accountable to company and route-setting department standards;
- Records and manages analyzes, and uses route setting data to assist team goals;
- Tests out new climbs and contributes creative advice for improvement of those new climbs, utilizing positive and effective communication;
- Assists with the set-up and breakdown of the days work location, and removal of old climbs from the wall;
- Leads, teaches, and performs occasional wall maintenance activities;
- Sets climbs for, and provides assistance for, special events including Member Climbing Leagues, USAC Youth Competitions, and IFSC-partner Events;
- Assists other departments such as Youth Programs, Facilities, and Customer Experience to create long-lasting positive relationships with members and guests;
- Manages the inherent risks involved with climbing, including the teams appropriate use of personal protective equipment (PPE) and adherence to Job Safety Analysis (JSA).
- Proven leadership ability in an educational, fitness, or professional setting;
- Ability to harness imagination and find novel approaches to shared responsibilities;
- Ability to learn and grow from each task, challenge, and interaction while seeing them through to the end;
- Open to receiving & providing feedback, guidance, insight, assistance, and perspective professionally;
- Critical and strategic thinking, problem-solving, and analytical skills;
- Work with a team, provide support to fellow team members, share ideas, and earn trust;
- Take initiative and have the drive to grow professionally.