Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Install and repair wiring, electrical fixtures, power equipment, and components of machinery and equipment following electrical code, manuals, specifications, schematics, and blueprints
- Repair, rebuild, set up assembly equipment consisting of hydraulic, pneumatic, controls, hand tools, etc
- Install and repair control and distribution apparatus, including motors, relays, switches, thermostats, circuit-breaker panels, etc
- Diagnose and resolve problems in electrical circuits, systems, and equipment using testing instruments and equipment
- Test continuity of circuits to ensure compatibility and safety of components using testing instruments.
- Measure, cut, bend, thread, assemble, and install electrical conduit using rulers, measuring devices, hand tools, pipe threader, and conduit bender.
- Respond to maintenance calls as needed.
- Perform preventive maintenance on tools and equipment.
- Operate tools and equipment according to established safety procedures.
- Ensure that equipment is in safe operating condition.
- Minimum two (2) years experience working in a high paced manufacturing environment in a maintenance/machine repair role.
- Knowledge and ability to perform other machine repair tasks involving pneumatics, hydraulics, plumbing, etc.
- Knowledge of electrical circuits and wiring and operating principles of motors.
- Knowledge of local electrical codes.
- Ability to read blueprints, schematics, and written reference material.
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions.
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations.
- Ability to diagnose and resolve problems.
- Ability to use hand and power tools.
- Strong systematic approach to problem solving and troubleshooting of equipment.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, meet deadlines and hold team accountable.
- Understand and promote OSHA regulations.
- Basic level computer skills including, but not limited to Microsoft Office