Are you looking to make a difference in the world?
Looking to take the next step in your career with an impactful organization helping people?
Join AFTD, the leading organization dedicated to ending the most common dementia under 60, known as FTD. We help families affected today, and drive research to bring hope for the future. Our work to bring about a world without dementia is only missing your passion and your expertise. AFTD is growing rapidly, with a greater ability to offer help for those affected than ever before. Join us today to make a difference for families affected by FTD, across the United States and beyond.
The Education Coordinator acts in a support role for AFTD's health care professional (HCP) engagement and education activities to ensure that all persons affected by FTD have access to early diagnosis and high quality, effective support services.
The Education Coordinator assists the Education Programs Manager to implement initiatives that increase outreach, education, and support to health professionals serving people impacted by FTD. The Education Coordinator is responsible for maintaining healthcare professional contact information in AFTD's database, serving as the primary contact for HCP volunteer outreach activities, and assisting with HCP education resource and program development. The position requires both consistency and accuracy with database administration as well as the ability to develop effective and supportive relationships with AFTD staff, volunteers, and external professionals working in medical and professional care settings and support settings.
Essential Job Functions
- Relationship Building: Develop and maintain effective and supportive relationships with staff, volunteers and external stakeholders. Work as an effective and collaborative team member with other AFTD departments on primary education activities as well as in support of other departmental priorities.
- Volunteer Support: In collaboration with the volunteer staff, contribute to and coordinate volunteer activities related to HCP engagement. Act as the initial and ongoing AFTD contact and support staff for HCP volunteer activities, such as follow-up info needed by volunteers or sent directly to providers, basic contacts to confirmed speakers/presenters for AFTD programs.
- Education Department Contact/Follow-up with HCPs: Respond to general requests for FTD/AFTD speakers, primarily from Helpline, to confirm general request information, such as: audience, topic, virtual/in-person, length/ date and other details. Send initial or follow-up emails related to this activity. Respond to and process inquiries for Exhibitor Tables once reviewed and approved by the Education Program Manager.
- Database Management: Maintain the accuracy and consistency of HCP contacts in the AFTD Database. Ensure that education staff and volunteer interactions with HCPs are accurately documented in Sales Force (SF) and include details of any outcomes or need for follow-up. Assist with cleaning up new and current SF contacts, so that HCPs roles are entered correctly and that they are linked to their larger organization. Work with the Education Program Manager to maintain an up-to-date tracking system for reporting and outcome evaluation purposes and ongoing quality assurance measures for education activities.
Other Job Functions
- Play an active part of the coordination team for AFTD education events including the Annual Education Conference.
- Develop and maintain ownership over SOPs related to the role.
- Conscientiously follows company policies and practices and takes care of organizational property.
- Travel for organizational meetings and events as needed (anticipated travel 1-2 times per year in the continental US).
- Other duties as assigned.
- This position is an individual contributor and does not have supervisory responsibilities.