Are you looking to make a difference in the world?
Looking to take the next step in your career with an impactful organization helping people?
Join AFTD, the leading organization dedicated to ending the most common dementia under 60, known as FTD. We help families affected today, and drive research to bring hope for the future. Our work to bring about a world without dementia is only missing your passion and your expertise. AFTD is growing rapidly, with a greater ability to offer help for those affected than ever before. Join us today to make a difference for families affected by FTD, across the United States and beyond.
The Development Assistant supports the representation of AFTDs fundraising team both internally and externally, maintaining a strong focus on the administration of all donation processing and acknowledgement. They are directly responsible for supporting the Development team to drive vital donor engagement programs and donor relationships.
The Development Assistant is responsible for creating and maintaining accurate and up-to-date donor records including donor contributions, acknowledgements, and other details that directly support and contribute to the cultivation and stewardship of AFTD donor relationships. They will promptly process and acknowledge all donations and will keep the Development Director, Development Operations Manager, and other staff informed of key donor interactions. The Development Assistant will support AFTD through the completion of shared general office duties, in cooperation with other Assistant-level staff in the organization.
Essential Job Functions
- Donation Processing: Process donations on a daily basis, at times in high volume; ensure prompt acknowledgement of all gifts including mailed, online and wire transfers; perform daily accuracy checks on incoming donations including gift designations and classifications; organize and file all donation paperwork; support Tribute Program by keeping accurate Salesforce data on families designating memorial donations to AFTD.
- Database Maintenance & Support: Serve as a key partner in adapting database systems as needed including the maintenance of automated and manual data entry for all donor information; track donor activity and donation amounts in Salesforce.
- Development Team Support: Provide support to the Development team as needed, including assisting with scheduling, correspondence, meeting preparation, and other administrative tasks and special projects as identified, assisting with major mailings, keeping inventory of all Development materials and re-ordering as necessary, assisting with documenting major donor, planned giving, and prospect interactions in the databases, as determined by Development Director and Development Operations Manager and current Salesforce protocols.
Other Job Functions
- Serve as the front-line resource for phone queries from donors and prospects; provide prompt responses to all requests.
- Assist with donor outreach to first time donors, and other donors as assigned.
- Track and adhere to special acknowledgement requests as they occur.
- Assist with annual audit in collaboration with CFO and Office Manager.
- Answer main phone line and triage calls as needed as determined by shared general office duties with other Assistant-level staff in the organization.
- Serve as lead on organization-wide training on main phone line, and Salesforce entry and management.
- Monitor the AFTD Giving inbox, replying to or escalating requests as needed.
- Travel for organizational meetings and events as needed.
- This position is an individual contributor and does not have supervisory responsibilities.