Gotham Greens is seeking a dynamic Procurement Specialist who will be accountable for the execution of all purchasing across all departments of the Company. This role reports to the Director of Supply Chain.
Gotham Greens is creating new ways to farm, produce local food, revitalize communities and innovate for a sustainable future. The Procurement Specialist will handle all facets of purchasing for multiple locations of the Company, including but not limited to, processing POs, maintaining supplier relationships, monitoring negotiated pricing, creating and maintaining purchasing SOPs, creating and maintaining approved purchase lists, and special purchasing projects. The Procurement Specialist works across all departments to determine purchasing needs. Working closely with the Supply Chain & Production Planning Team, this position will bridge the gap between purchasing needs and processes. The successful candidate will be exceptional at handling multiple priorities, communications at all levels, taking initiative, and creating successful SOPs for an evolving purchasing system. In addition, the ideal candidate is passionate about sustainable agriculture and embraces Gotham Greens’ core values and mission. Experience in the greenhouse or fresh produce or perishables is preferred but not required. This is an opportunity for an enthusiastic, self-motivated, and highly organized person to join a rapidly growing, innovative company that is disrupting the 21st-century food system.
What You'll Do
• Manages internal requisitions and creates purchase orders for all locations across the company
• Ensures that orders are delivered on time and accurately to correct locations
• Partners with Manager to implement best practices for purchasing including creating and maintaining SOPs and Work Instructions
• Works with all departments to establish purchasing needs and creates approved and evolving purchasing list
• Evaluates suppliers, review product quality, and provides feedback on vendors
• Partners with Sourcing Manager and Operations Leadership to negotiate supplier contracts
• Tracks and reports key functional metrics to reduce expenses and improve the effectiveness
• Partners with Accounting to review invoices and vendor communication
• Generates maintains, and enters information into databases, including ERP systems.
• Delivers outstanding service both externally to customers and internally to Gotham Greens team
Who You Are
• Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, supply chain management or business required
• 3-5 years of relevant experience in Purchasing and Procurement processes
• Experience implementing purchasing practices and SOPs
• Familiarity with sourcing and vendor management
• Work experience in procurement processes
• in manufacturing companies
• A self-starter with an ability to excel in a dynamic, ever-changing environment- someone who will take initiative
• Exceptional communication, presentation, and influencing skills and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
• Proven ability to handle confidential and sensitive matters, utilizing sound judgment in a complex environment
• Experience working effectively with multiple levels of internal and external stakeholders
• Laser focused attention to detail
• Tech savvy with impeccable computer skills
• An extrovert personality with a “can do” attitude
• Great multitasking abilities
• Prior knowledge working in ERP or purchasing systems a plus
• Prior knowledge of Sage ERP a plus
• Computer skills required: Microsoft Office, proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint
The ideal candidate:
• Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
• Reliable and highly motivated with a creative and lively personality
• Passionate commitment to the company vision
• Appreciation of principles of sustainable agriculture and food
Who We Are
Gotham Greens is on a mission to transform how and where fresh produce is grown. We are a pioneer in urban indoor agriculture and a leading fresh produce and food company. Through our national network of local high-tech farms, Gotham Greens delivers fresh, long-lasting, and delicious leafy greens, herbs, salad dressings, and pesto dips all year round to retail, restaurant, and foodservice customers. Founded in 2009, the company opened its first greenhouse in Brooklyn, N.Y., shortly thereafter. Today, Gotham Greens operates 500,000 square feet of high-tech greenhouses across five U.S. states.
Our team of nearly 400 is hardworking, supportive, and passionate about sustainable urban agriculture. We work to create an environment that is caring, fun, and collaborative. Gotham Greens is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Gotham Greens offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. We are proud to be an affirmative action equal opportunity employer and comply with all applicable federal, state, and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls or agencies please.