Property/Casualty Insurance Company has a full-time position available for an Accounts Payable (“AP”) Specialist. This position requires a Bachelors or Associates degree in accounting, or equivalent of 3-5 years accounting experience. The AP Specialist handles all invoice, check and ACH processing, W9 collection and 1099 preparation, oversight and reconciliation of company credit cards, and provide assistance in other areas of accounting.
This is a work from home position that currently reports to the Controller and requires a dependable, highly motivated, self-starter that works well independently. High-speed Internet access, home office space and occasional travel into the West Des Moines, IA office may be required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities including, but not limited to, the following:
- Entering and coding all invoice & expense reports in Concur and recording transactions in the general ledger.
- Processing check runs, ACH payments and uploading/maintaining positive pay files to the bank.
- Ensure proper cutoff of expense transactions at month end and year end.
- Assist with daily cash balancing and monthly reconciliation of bank accounts.
- Monthly and quarterly payable functions including dividend and commission processing and employee reimbursements.
- Coordinating with employees to code and process monthly credit card statements.
- Managing the accounting email box and responding to AP-related and other questions/concerns.
- Other special projects including vendor file maintenance, W9 collection, 1099 preparation, and unclaimed property reporting.
- Create and maintain high quality work environment, including an approved home office space.
- Use appropriate judgment in upward communication regarding department and/or customer concerns.