Glenwood Medical Center is seeking a part-time LPN or Medical Assistant to assist physicians, nurse practitioners, and physician assistants with patient care. This position is primarily Family Medicine. Maintain a high standard of quality healthcare, and inform and support patients while practicing within the scope of your license. All clinic LPNs and Medical Assistants are cross-trained with other clinic staff and may work at Brooten Medical Center and Starbuck Medical Center as needed to help cover vacations, etc.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Clean, prepare and restock exam rooms.
- Direct patients to exam rooms and monitor vitals.
- Assess patients as to severity of complaint or injury and the expediency to which should be seen by physician.
- Assist physician with procedures as directed.
- Administer medications and allergy shots as ordered.
- Direct patients to other locations within the facility as needed.
- Complete all request slips.
- Schedule mammograms, CT scans, ultrasounds, surgery, or any outpatient procedures as directed by the physician.
- Perform hearing and tympanogram tests for individuals and companies; UA collection for routine and company drug screens; ear washes; BPV’s; EKG’s; immunizations; dressing changes.
- Send reports of pap smears, mammogram results or any follow-up calls (including Labs) to patients under the direction of the physician.
- Explain procedures and preparation to patient.
- Clean instruments and package for sterilization.
- Intercede and screen phone calls for physician.
- Record prescription refills in patient charts.
- Organize and control sample medications.
- Take inventory of stocked supplies and reorder as necessary.
- Set up referral appointments with other clinics and physicians.
- May have to draw blood from patients, take x-rays, and do audiology testing. If this is directed, employee will be provided support and training to accomplish these duties.