About the Bender JCC:
The Bender Jewish Community Center in Rockville, Maryland is a premier community center at the heart of Jewish life in Montgomery County, operating a full-scale health and fitness center, pre-school, day camp and variety of education and arts programs.
We create a welcoming and inclusive environment, connecting the people of our Jewish community with each other, Israel, and the broader community. We inspire individuals of all ages and backgrounds to enhance their social, physical, intellectual and spiritual well-being through programs of excellence rooted in Jewish values.
Our core values are
- Welcoming and inclusive (Hachnassat Orchim) – We open our doors to everyone and strive to create an inclusive and accommodating environment for people of different backgrounds, abilities and means.
- Respect (Kavod) – We seek to create a town square where our community can be exposed to diverse viewpoints and grapple with difficult issues in a respectful and civil manner.
- Jewish Peoplehood (Klal Yisrael) – We create connections to the people, history, culture, and land of Israel and with the Jewish people as a whole, welcoming all Jewish traditions and backgrounds.
- Community (Kehilla) – We facilitate relationship building and a sense of belonging to create communities across all stages of life.
- Working together (B’yachad) – We partner and collaborate with Jewish and secular organizations to build a stronger community.
- Wellness (Shmirat HaNefesh v’HaGuf) – We promote the well-being and fitness of every person.
- Spirit (Ruach) – We infuse spirit and fun into our activities and programs.
Why this role matters:
The Family Engagement Coordinator of the Bender-Dosik Parenting Center (BDPC) will assist in the development of overall program content, implement and evaluate existing and prospective programs, and create activities and events that assist the overall mission of the Bender JCC. This is an exciting opportunity to work directly with our community and have a significant impact on the experience of program participants.
This is a part-time position, scheduled for 20-25 hours a week.
- Assist with creating programs for children, parents, and grandparents that provide ongoing opportunities to learn, socialize, and actively participate both inside and outside the building.
- Assist with special events outside of the standard program, including parent/child classes, speaker series, information/educational sessions, and support groups.
- Support the Family Engagement Team in implementing holiday and Shabbat programming.
- Create and implement programming which provides access to Jewish and multi-faith families.
- Build strong relationships with parents in order to meet their expressed needs.
- Provide excellent customer service to all participants.
- Ensure successful integration of participants in all BDPC programs and the Center at-large.
- Assist in creating, implementing, and facilitating Delivering Good Network programs (social action initiative).
- Create and implement calendar and programming for Wandering J as an accessory for experiences off-site.
- Support oversight of independent contractors for BDPC classes and programs.
- Work in collaboration with the Bender JCC’s marketing team in creating and implementing a marketing plan for the BDPC.
- Create partnerships with other Jewish and secular community organizations to compile and analyze trends in engagement to determine and develop future program needs.