Under the supervision of the Tribal Administrator, the Grants Manager has the primary responsibility to oversee the administration of the Cahuilla Band of Indians grants, including ensuring accurate and efficient collection and reporting of grants data, maintenance and oversight of workflow processes and procedures, and grant compliance.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES
- In partnership with the Program Director, manage the grant proposal calendar.
- Maintain current pipeline and calendar to reflect all grant activity.
- Work with the Program Director and Finance to track Federal funder and other grantor reporting needs, deadlines, and action items.
- In coordination with the Finance team, ensure grants are set up properly and match/cost-sharing requirements are fulfilled.
- Ensure Program Directors follow the OMB Uniform Guidance and are aware of Cahuillas Procurement Policy.
- Serve as a resource on grant administration and overall technical resource to Program Directors.
- Lead monthly grants meetings with Program Directors to review expenditures, advise on post-award spending, check-in on grant deliverables, and oversee compliance.
- In the immediate, serve as the grant team point-of-contact for the CARES Act and American Rescue Plan Act.
- Develop and communicate reports to Tribal Council supporting project status; create effective forecasting and decision aides.
- Responsible for grant closeout; submit final reports and certificates.
- Compile information and documents needed for audit inquiries.
- Track current grant cycles and renewal processes and ensure stewardship to guarantee continued funding.
- Research and identify Federal, state, and private grants opportunities available to the Cahuilla Band of Indians.
- Generate grant opportunity summaries and present to Tribal Council to ensure the potential grant aligns with the long-term plan for the community prior to applying.
- Collaborate with Program Directors to create compelling grant proposals and funding requests, taking lead on Cahuillas larger grant opportunities.
- Write and assemble most or all sections of each grant proposal, with key input from Program Directors and other staff.
- Coordinate with relevant staff in order to solicit timely and appropriate input/review of grant proposals prior to submission deadlines.
- Review guidelines for all foundation proposals and reports to make sure all submissions are accurately formatted and include all required information, including budgets and materials.
- Participate in grant kick-off meetings for proposals accepted with the Program Director, and Finance.