American Academy (AA) is accepting applications for an immediate opening for a full-time psychologist for the 2021-22 school year. This person will collaborate with our teaching staff, learning specialists, school counselors, nurse, occupational therapist, speech language pathologists and parents to achieve student mental health goals.
- Provide counseling and mental health services to students and staff in a K-8 student setting
- Follow applicable school, district, state and federal policies, procedures and laws
- Develop and implement Individual Education Plans, Functional Behavior Assessments, Behavior Intervention Plans, and Response-to-Intervention plans
- Complete eligibility educational assessments
- Collaborate with teaching staff, learning specialist, social worker, nurse, occupational therapist, and speech language therapist and parents to achieve student mental health goals
- Communicate with teachers and parents regarding student performance
- Evaluate progress toward student academic and personal goals
- Attend meetings such as IEP meetings, staff meetings, in-services, etc.
- Facilitate RtI process
- Collaborate and share expertise with targeted interventions.