DIVISION: Newton Scientific, Inc. (Charleston, MA)
POSITION: Manufacturing and Quality Assurance Engineer
REPORTS TO: Office Manager
The Manufacturing and Quality Assurance Engineer will develop and improve manufacturing processes by studying product and manufacturing methods, documenting manufacturing procedures and testing protocols, designing and implementing quality metrics. Additionally, will develop and document employee training programs.
- Oversee the recruiting and professional development of all members of the team, to ensure skills and abilities are aligned with present and future needs.
- Supervises work performed and assigned to direct reports (employees).
- Evaluate existing manufacturing processes by applying knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling, and materials; conferring with equipment vendors; soliciting observations from operators.
- Develop new manufacturing processes by studying product requirements, designing, modifying, and testing manufacturing methods and equipment. Works with R&D staff to transition new products to production.
- Improve manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning workflow, space requirements, and equipment layout.
- Assure product and process quality by designing testing methods; establishing standards and metrics; confirming manufacturing processes.
- Create and maintain BOMs for company products.
- Document and implement ECOs.
- Provide manufacturing decision-making information by calculating labor utilization and material costs; reviewing production schedules; estimating future requirements.
- Create and maintain safety and regulatory documentation and implements employee training programs.
- Keep equipment operational by coordinating maintenance and repair services; following manufacturer's instructions and established procedures; requesting special service.
- Maintain product and process data base and documentation in ERP/MRP system.
Ability to thrive in a complex and fast-paced manufacturing environment.
Work efficiently without sacrificing attention to detail.
have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Experience with ERP/MRP systems is essential, and familiarity with Syteline is a plus.
Working knowledge of CAD software is also preferred.