The Human Resources Generalist is responsible for directly supporting the Director of HR in Covid-19 contact tracking, employee relations, employment law and HR policy compliance, investigations, performance management; assisting the HR team with benefits administration, accommodations, employee reward and recognition; and processing status and pay transactions, corrective action notices, annual appraisal entry, processing unemployment claims, and other projects as assigned.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conduct Covid-19 contact tracking.
- In consultation with the HR Director, ensure and provide proactive and appropriate support and professional consultation to employees and managers in resolution of employee relations matters, performance management, policy interpretation and administration. Coach and mentor employees and managers to effectively use the full range of HR tools to maintain team member morale and achieve business results.
- In consultation with the HR Director, lead and/or conduct investigations regarding equal employment opportunities, ethics, harassment, conflict, and other issues; evaluating and offering possible courses of action; providing advice, guidance, and direction; and, when necessary, supporting managers with corrective action up to and including termination. Ensure all investigations are properly documented, filed, and tracked. Consult with legal counsel as appropriate, and/or as directed by the HR Director. Participate in drafting position statement responses to EEOC charges.
- Assist HR Director in ensuring Agency compliance with Federal, State, and local legislation pertaining to all employment matters by remaining up-to-date on all existing and new employment legislation. Ensure all necessary postings and documentation is acquired, updated, and filed accurately and in a timely manner. Participate in the completion of EEO and AAP data compilation and report filing.
- Maintains employee data and changes in HRIS systems.
- Assists with administration of Agency-wide employee reward and recognition programs in collaboration with Benefits Administrator as directed by HR Director.
- Provide HR team support for all HR-related events. Perform other duties as assigned.
- Provide support for external and internal audits (DOL, DHS, OFCCP, CARF, HR internal audits, etc.).
- Bachelor’s degree in psychology, business, human resources or related field and professional HR certification required
- 5+ years strong hands-on experience performing employee relations, benefits and other HR generalist functions in high volume workplace with very current employment law knowledge
- Proven strong interpersonal and empathy skills with strong attention to detail and ability to multi-task and meet stringent deadlines with exceptional follow up
- Hands-on experience with HRIS and other HR-related database management systems
- Excellent computer skills, including all Microsoft Office programs; strong spreadsheet and analysis skills
- Must be able to meet the physical requirements of the position.
- For positions that require driving, must maintain a valid driver’s license and automobile insurance coverage, and be able to travel as needed if you drive
To learn more about Goodwill San Antonio and to view available positions visit: www.goodwillsa.org.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled