Medical Laboratory Technician
Glacial Ridge Hospital is seeking a Medical Laboratory Technician to perform routine medical laboratory tests for the diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of disease. Responsible for operation of the laboratory. Our laboratory services encompass the entire patient care continuum throughout the health system—from outpatient services to hospital, nursing home, and homecare visits. We are currently hiring for a casual position.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Follow laboratory procedures for specimen handling and processing, test analysis, reporting, and recordkeeping.
- Maintain records that demonstrate that proficiency testing samples are tested in the same manner as patient specimens.
- Adhere to the lab’s quality control policies; document all quality control activities, instrument calibrations, and maintenance.
- Follow the lab’s corrective action plan whenever test systems are not within established acceptable ranges.
- Capable of identifying problems and troubleshoot, correct or notify supervisor.
- Document all corrective action taken.
- Capable of working as scheduled by the supervisor, including call duties, weekends, and holidays.