Mobile Unit Coordinator
Reports to: Prevention Services Director
To be considered for this position, please submit a cover letter
Job Summary: Under the direction of the Prevention Services Director, the Mobile Unit Coordinator will provide HIV and STD prevention services and education, including HIV Testing, PrEP, and linkage to treatment, among LGBTQ+ individuals at various locations throughout Dallas County and surrounding areas. This role will assist the Lead Mobile Unit Coordinator with the overall coordination and operations of the Centers mobile unit. If being part of an amazing team with growth opportunities is important to you, then this job is for you! We value team spirit, a can-do attitude, professionalism, and safety. We have a full-time position available for a responsible, self-motivated, dynamic, and outgoing individual to join our team.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Successful candidates should be able to interact with the LGBTQ+ community with respect and care, as well as establish and maintain working relationships with diverse people, the community, and businesses
- Driving: Drive to both businesses and events to provide prevention services and education while adhering to strict safety and quality standards on and off the road
- Customer Service: Interact in a positive and professional manner with clients, the general public, and other team members while performing duties
- Technology: Use technology (like electronic records) to provide services, manage calendar and maintain communication with your fellow team members both in the field and at our Resource Center locations
- Leadership: Willingness to grow and provide input and expertise
- Conduct HIV, syphilis and sexually transmitted infections testing and prevention activities focusing on gay, bisexual and other men who have same sex relations with men in a clinic and outreach setting
- Educate men who have same sex relations and other community members about HIV/STI prevention
- Actively recruit, train, and develop volunteers
- Identify eligible PrEP Care Program candidates, educate about the program, and provide appropriate testing and navigation into progam
- Link clients to HIV and STD treatment as necessary
- Participate in a condom distribution campaign
- Perform administrative and other duties as assigned
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent; some college is preferred
- Must have a current and valid Texas drivers license
- Ability to drive safely in stressful situations while consistently maintaining a professional attitude and hold high ethical standards at all times
- Ability to lift, bend, reach above the head, kneel, crouch, and/or stretch during shifts
- Ability to follow written and oral instruction
- Ability to operate and navigate a van up to gross weight of 10,000 lbs with an ability to effectively operate a GPS/navigation system
- Experience in Foundations of Testing and Navigation (FTN) is preferred but will train the right candidate
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite is required
- Proven track record of reliability
- Excellent attention to detail as well as problem-solving skills
- Demonstrate strong communication skills
- Self-motivated and able to work independently and an upbeat attitude
- Must be able to successfully pass both an initial background check and semi-annual MVR check
- 1+ years experience operating large/commercial vehicles
- Bilingual English/Spanish a plus.
No phone calls, please.
Compensation: $17.00 per hour
Cover letter is required
This is at a non-profit organization.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
Please, no phone calls about this job.
Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.