Title: Talent Acquisition Manager
Position Type: Full-Time
What we do and offer our team
AGU is a global community of 130,000 Earth and space scientists, advocates and experts. As the Talent Acquisition Manager, you will support a dynamic association that publishes peer-reviewed journals and scientific books and convenes the largest Earth and space science meeting in the world. Through our initiatives, such as mentoring, professional development and awards, AGU upholds and fosters an inclusive and diverse scientific community.
AGU offers our employees great benefits, including flexible work schedules, retirement savings options, as well as health, dental, life and disability insurance. AGU also provides exciting opportunities for professional development and tuition support.
AGU’s Workplace Values
We believe in accountability and ownership of work, by taking responsibility for decisions and results. We believe in member and customer service, and that they come first through providing high quality service.
We believe in excellence and giving it our all, through striving to be outstanding. We believe in integrity by doing the right thing, we achieve this by being honest and fair.
Our teams believe that with teamwork together we achieve more, we achieve this through collaboration. We believe in respect, that you earn it and give it, by open communication and collaboration.
What the Talent Acquisition Manager does
- Leads and manages full life-cycle recruitment for intern and permanent roles for AGU. This includes creating and posting job advertisements, pre-screening resumes, conducting phone interviews, scheduling interviews, collecting management feedback, initiating background and reference checks, and onboarding new hires.
- Creates and maintains an environment of equal employment opportunity, diversity and competitive advantage in support of the company's diversity and inclusion strategic plan.
- Develops creative and diverse sourcing plans to proactively connect with passive candidates; builds and maintains a pipeline of top talent through multiple channels including Glassdoor, LinkedIn, job boards, campus recruiting, and other professional networks.
- Manages AGU’s applicant tracking and on-boarding systems/processes.
- Responsible for upkeep, compliance, and validity of all assessment methods including behavioral and case interviews.
- Provides data, statistics, feedback, and recommendations to optimize the recruiting process over time.
- Establishes collaborative, customer-focused relationships with hiring managers to fill open positions creatively and efficiently with top talent; conducts regular follow-ups to determine the effectiveness of recruiting plans.
- Manages relationship with the third-party recruitment agencies and staffing firms to build a pipeline of qualified candidates.
- Responsible for preparation of AGU affirmative action plan (AAP).
- Prepares monthly staffing analysis and provides feedback to the Director, Human Resources.
- Manages AGU Intern program.
- Assists VP, Human Resources with preparation of the recruiting budget and workforce planning efforts.
- Provides team support on special HR projects as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
What the Talent Acquisition Manager brings to the team
- 6+ years of experience with a Bachelor’s Degree in human resources, business or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- PHR or SHRM-CP certification is preferred.
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of recruitment strategies, processes, and best practices.
- Strong knowledge of federal and state regulations and HRIS.
- Demonstrated initiative and sound judgment, and excellent verbal and written communication skills. Solid editing skills.
- Demonstrated ability to build and work with multiple teams.
- Ability to multitask, effectively prioritize and work well under pressure to meet sensitive project deadlines.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrated strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Ability to present information concisely and effectively.
- Ability to demonstrate accuracy and quality of work in a fast-paced work environment.
- Must be capable of exercising highest level of discretion on both internal and external confidential matters.
- Ability to travel.
For consideration, please submit your cover letter and resume.
The successful candidate for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check and verification of vaccination against COVID-19 by the date of hire as a condition of employment, subject to requests for any legally required accommodation.
AGU proudly offers a casual work environment, excellent compensation, generous work-life opportunities, and an outstanding benefits package.
AGU is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.