Gotham Greens is seeking a dynamic greenhouse supervisor who is responsible for daily greenhouse operations and supervising a team of greenhouse assistants in daily tasks while maintaining GAP, GMP, and crop quality practices. The greenhouse supervisor is a direct report to the Plant Manager. This is a hands-on role requiring an individual who is a team player, one who is willing to roll up their sleeves and isn’t afraid to get dirty. The ideal candidate is passionate about sustainable agriculture and embraces Gotham Greens’ core values and mission
Prior experience in the natural and organic food industry a plus but not required. This is an opportunity for an enthusiastic, self-motivated and organized individual to assume a position at a rapidly growing, innovative, disruptive company in the 21st-century food system.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Maintain and assign daily tasks for harvests, transplants, cleaning, and crop management.
- Supervise and train greenhouse assistants in daily tasks ensuring efficient pace, sound food safety practices, punctuality, and safety as directed by Plant Manager.
- Complete daily walk-throughs to report on food safety, quality, and crop health, and greenhouse function.
- Create and maintain sage data including assemblies, transfers, adjustments, and inventory.
- Use master crop schedule to create and maintain weekly and monthly harvest and seeding schedules. Create seed tags on a weekly basis.
- Partner with the Grow Team to collect and record data concerning crop production, nutrition, crop trials, and greenhouse environment.
- In conjunction with Plant Manager and Pack House Supervisor, maintain Greenhouse logs for food safety plan including employee practices and checklists.
- Observe and communicate any maintenance need to Plant Manager.
- Bachelor's Degree in Plant Science, Horticulture, or related field
- Ability to lead by example with a “can do” attitude
- Experience in greenhouse work and/or hydroponics
- Familiarity with ERP and inventory control
- Experience with food safety practices, goals, rules, and regulations
- Great multitasking abilities and ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- A strong desire to learn and grow
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience in data collection and recording
- Ability to motivate, inspire and coach hourly workforce
- Problem-solving skills and foresight- capable to identify areas of efficiencies
- Ability to work weekend and holiday coverage will be required on an as-needed basis