The Development Intern works with the Director of Philanthropy or assigned Development team member as appropriate. This is a dynamic learning opportunity that will play to the intern’s particular skill set, providing opportunities for creative contributions. Opportunities exist in areas related to fundraising, event planning, community outreach, planned giving, data analysis, marketing and communications, grant writing, volunteer support and research.
Below are examples of learning opportunities available for Development Department Interns:
- Assist with a sample project which may include:
- Research best practices and work with the team to develop and implement a plan to increase donor retention across all levels of donors
- Investigate software for donor prospecting, perform analysis of key donors within the donor database, and participate in training on how to use software moving forward
- Work with a team to develop and implement a marketing plan for donations
- Assist in the collection of client success stories and donor impact stories, including video, social media, and written content
- Research potential grant opportunities in alignment with agency mission, work with staff to draft application(s), and submit for funding
- Assist with designing and implementing a sustainable marketing and communications project to enhance the agency's storytelling abilities
- Assist with conducting donor research and maintaining the donor database.
- Assist with logistics for tours and special events.
- Assist in social media and print content creation, website updates, and other communications.