DWC has recently launched the Every Woman Housed Initiative to mobilize housing solutions for unaccompanied women and women with children residing without shelter in the Skid Row neighborhood of Los Angeles. The key components of this initiative are outreach and intake, short-term housing responses, and long-term housing solutions.
DWC is seeking a full time Outreach & Engagement Manager to oversee a multi-disciplinary team, including the Outreach & Engagement Supervisor, Clinical Case Manager, Intake Coordinator, Peer Specialists, and site-based Service Coordinators. The Outreach and Engagement Manager is responsible for ensuring contract compliance, quality assurance, program development, and support of the Outreach & Engagement Team. An ideal candidate will lead, inspire, and motivate a team of direct service professionals whose primary goal is to link women and women with children experiencing homelessness to housing. This position is a member of the Clinical Department, and will work in collaboration with other professionals, and report directly to the Senior Director of Clinical Programs.
- Provide strengthsbased support to a team of Outreach & Engagement professionals, including the Outreach & Engagement Supervisor, Clinical Case Manager, Intake Coordinator, Peer Specialists, and site-based Service Coordinators working with unaccompanied women and women with children
- Provide fiscal and operational oversight of DWCs Every Woman Housed Program
- Track and monitor the program budget, and approve requests for client financial assistance, staff reimbursement, and program expenses as needed
- Develop systems to ensure that the program is efficient, effective, low-barrier, and meeting contract obligations
- Provide oversight of outreach and engagement activities, including field-based services
- Participate in and facilitate internal and external meetings and trainings
- Develop and maintain relationships with community partners, and serve as an ambassador of DWC and its mission and values by participating in community meetings/events
- Manage and coordinate staff schedules and report on staff work performance.
- Provide regular one-on-one supervision to direct reports and participate in weekly supervision with the Senior Director of Clinical Programs
- Ensure that staff are receiving comprehensive onboarding, training, and regular professional development
- Respond to any Grievance/Statements of Concern
- Comply with local, state, and federal laws and regulations around confidentiality
- Provide quality assurance to ensure that data collected and reported on is accurate and fulfills contract obligations
- Provide regular, written reports to the Senior Director of Clinical Programs and additional reports as assigned
- Additional duties as assigned to support the mission of the organization
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Program Management/Development
- Relationship Management
- Flexible and Empathic
- Excellent Communication
- Strong leadership skills
- Organized and detail-oriented
This role will directly supervise the Outreach & Engagement Supervisor, in addition to part-time and full-time Service Coordinators.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool as necessary.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time exempt position. Days and hours of work are Monday- Friday 8:30 AM- 5:00 PM; with flexibility to work during non-scheduled days and evenings when necessary.
Regular travel throughout Los Angeles County is required in this position.
Option for hybrid work schedule, but with expectation to be able to work onsite full time when needed.