Picture yourself at an amazing organization committed to inspire a lasting love and appreciation for dance through artistic excellence, exhilarating performances, innovative choreography and superb educational programs. At Houston Ballet, we recognize our responsibility to be an open, welcoming and anti-racist organization where students, dancers, musicians, production crew, staff, trustees and volunteers of all backgrounds collaboratively learn, work and serve. Join us, and youll be surrounded by creative teams who challenge you, support you, inspire you, and celebrate artistic achievement.
To learn more, please visit: https://www.houstonballet.org/about/employment-opportunities/
The Customer Service Representative (CSR) is responsible for delivering general Marketplace information to callers. The CSRs use basic office equipment and technology such as telephones, email, and web browsers to perform their duties. The CSRs assume ticket order responsibility and processing of payments during performances and throughout the work week.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Include the following. Other duties may be assigned;
- Take and fill ticket orders for individual ticket purchases over the telephone and at the box office window
- Explain seating, prices, fees and sections of multiple venues as well as parking options and directions to each.
- Understand and have knowledge of various subscription packages to explain options and fill orders for interested patrons
- Answer specific questions from patrons about story lines of each ballet, composers, dancers, and general questions about Houston Ballet
- Package tickets for mailing (sealed and stamped with appropriate postage) or Will Call (file, alphabetically, each ticket order within appropriate date and performance time)
- Work scheduled evening and matinee performances in the box office when Houston Ballet is in performance in such capacities as selling tickets, working the Will Call windows or answering the phones
- Work in multiple box office venues and ability to work independently
- Assume responsibility for a $150 cash drawer when working in a box office window.
- Process each ticket order through Tessitura
- Provide to management an end-of-day printed detail batch summary developed from Tessitura that balances credit cards, cash, and check transactions
- Participate in on-going training with regard to customer service, Tessitura features, and ballet subject-matter content
- Assist box office managers and marketing department staff as needed in providing assistance for special projects in either the Houston Ballets Center for Dance or in the box office
- HS Diploma required.
- Proficient personal computer skills including electronic mail, record keeping, routine database activity, word processing, spreadsheet, graphics, etc.
- Organization/Planning Develops clearly defined, realistic, measurable objectives that are consistent with the companys objectives. Organizes personal workload and sets priorities; Uses time efficiently. Meets deadlines consistently.
- Job Knowledge Possesses the skills, knowledge and expertise required to perform the essential aspects of the job as well as any other specific educational and/or certification requirements
- Communication Communicates effectively in writing and verbally; expresses complex ideas in simple terms. Clearly and concisely expresses in individual or group situations. Comprehends and processes information and responds to communication from others. Communicates, empathizes, uses diplomacy, influences, and gains cooperation. Interacts effectively across functions and levels of the company.
- Flexibility/Adaptability Admits and corrects mistakes; ensures the integrity of work. Accept constructive criticism and responsibility for positive outcomes. Effectively responds to change. Adjusts to and accepts changes in direction and priorities. Sees changes in the business or work environment, understands implications and adjusts priorities as needed on short notice.
- Well-lighted, heated and/or air-conditioned indoor office setting with adequate ventilation.
- Moderate noise (examples: business office with computers and printers, light traffic)
- Work at special events including Theater District Open House and others that may arise
- Work a pre-arranged schedule that coincides with Box Office hours: (Monday through Friday from 8:45 am to 5:00 pm). When Houston Ballet is in performance (extended hours Monday through Sunday)
Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Access Statement:
Houston Ballet Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Candidates for employment are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. Houston Ballet embraces inclusion, diversity, equity, and access. We recognize our responsibility to be an open, welcoming, and anti-racist organization where students, artists, staff, trustees, and volunteers of all backgrounds collaboratively learn, work, and serve. Inclusion, diversity, equity, and access are instrumental in the fulfillment of our mission and values. We address the challenges of our future in a culture that honors what is unique in all of us. Join us, together we are Houston Ballet.
Houston Ballets shared values are essential to our success as a world-class ballet company and academy. These values guide our decisions and behaviors and shape our culture.
- EXCELLENCE: We are passionate about results. Our programs are recognized and awarded for excellence. We are committed to delivering quality programs at the highest standard. Work in all departments matches the caliber of the programming on stage.
- ENGAGED: We are proud to be a part of a company that produces art and trains artists. We attend performances and are tremendous advocates for the education and community engagement programs we offer. We are all in and well-versed in the mission of Houston Ballet.
- DRIVEN: We are driven to take goals and run with them. We are excited to deliver results beyond expectations. We are accountable for our actions and work. We reinvent Standard Operations Procedures, leaving our jobs better than we found them. Much of our work product becomes the standard for individuals who will fill our roles in the years to come.
- COLLABORATIVE: We unite around Houston Ballets mission and support each other in reaching goals. We share information widely and generously and treat our team members, customers, and patrons with respect and sensitivity. We embrace inclusion, diversity, equity, and access. We recognize our responsibility to be an open, welcoming, and anti-racist organization where students, artists, staff, trustees, and volunteers of all backgrounds collaboratively learn, work and serve. We nurture the growth and understanding of how each of us fits into the larger picture and we celebrate organizational achievements.
- PATRON-CENTERED: Our patrons (subscribers/supporters/donors/stakeholders) are at the center of all we do and are at the top of our minds in our decisions and actions. Our patrons are delighted by the excellent customer service they receive at every interaction at Houston Ballet.