Adhering at all times to First Citizens Wealth Management superior client service standards, the Trust Assistant is responsible for performing varied and complex administrative duties ensuring the accurate, efficient, and timely processing of activities through proper planning, scheduling, and communication. The Trust Assistant assists with the administration functions of the fiduciary team with a primary focus on supporting client accounts of assigned Trust Officer(s).
Administrative Assistance: 60%
- Under supervision of the assigned Trust Officer(s), execute daily transactions for an existing book of trust and estate accounts: types of accounts include revocable and irrevocable trusts, testamentary trusts, ILITS and IRA accounts, various types of charitable trusts, estate accounts, and Conservatorship accounts, both discretionary and directed.
- Assists assigned Officers with daily activities including correspondence (incoming and outgoing), mailings, phone calls, scheduling, transcription, memoranda, notes, meeting preparation and follow up activities.
- Initiates and completes assigned workflows in the Client Relationship Management tool (CRM) and other systems to ensure follow through with client service standards.
- Maintains primarily electronic files in CRM and Sharepoint and ensures Officer has access to all needed information promptly.
- Completes data entry, generates reports and compiles information needed to prepare for prospect meetings, Annual Reviews, hearings and other client-related meetings.
- Assist in the preparation of annual accountings for court on Trust, Conservatorship and Estate accounts.
- Obtains written authorizations and directions necessary for distributions, purchases, and sales in non-discretionary accounts.
- Completes data entry for annual account reviews and monitors follow through with exception items to report to assigned Officer(s) and/or Trust Administration Committee.
- May accompany the Trust Officer on client-related external meetings including residential and farm inspections and preparation for sale.
- Prepare documents to open, maintain and close accounts on the Trust Accounting system and complete applicable department checklists, including completion of all required paperwork.
- Coordinate with Trust Operations team to effectuate account transfers.
- Draft routine discretionary requests for Trust Officer approval.
- Monitor transactions including income tax, real estate tax and scheduled transactions.
- Monitors Tax processing coordinating with Assigned Officer(s) and Trust Operations team to ensure efficient and accurate completion and deliver of all tax forms.
Client Service 25%
- Collaborates with Officers and other team members to ensure client needs are fulfilled consistent with service standards.
- Proactively communicates with clients consistent with established workflows.
- Identify opportunities to improve client service and advocate for client needs.
- Coordinate with other areas of First Citizens Bank to ensure positive overall client experience.
- Greet clients and ensure positive client experience via phone and in office (may include reception responsibilities).
Business Development: 5%
- Proactively reviews leads/referrals/opportunities of assigned Officer(s) and alerts assigned Officer to take action on those opportunities with the goal of driving new business.
- Supports Department new business objectives by prompting completing workflow tasks.
- Supports efforts to proactively communicate with Future Business (clients that have named FCB in will, trust or power of attorney).
- Works with Officers to maintain/increase existing client relationships through various techniques including developing systems for cross-selling other Department and Bank services that enhance client satisfaction, build client retention and create client loyalty.
- Participates in civic and community activities to generate visibility and contact for the company.
- Ensures the administration of accounts follows the governing agreement, applicable laws and government regulations and internal policies and procedures.
- Maintains client confidence and protects Departments operations by keeping information confidential.
- Attends and completes mandatory compliance and training sessions.
- Monitors daily work for adherence to regulations, policies/procedures, and promptly corrects any deficiencies.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, and establishing personal networks.
Other Duties: 5%
- Supports the team effort by providing back-up to other teams when necessary, as well as performing other duties and special projects as necessary.
- Contributes to Wealth Management Department efforts by accomplishing related results as needed.
- May assist in preparation and maintenance of reports, meeting materials and Minutes for Department Committee meetings.
- Works closely with Wealth Assistants to ensure consistent completion of Departmental tasks and activities.
- Update and monitor assigned Smartsheet projects.
- Creates, maintains and updates procedures for assigned work activities