Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong verbal, visual, and written communication skills with the ability to explain technical decisions to stakeholders at all levels in the organization
- Ability to think strategically and see the big picture while also focusing teams on execution and delivery
- Experience in developing SaaS platforms that have a high level of data integration and exchange capabilities for large-scale enterprise customers
- Expertise in developing modern microservice architectures focused on minimizing maintenance burdens by leveraging cloud-native technologies in AWS, GCP, Heroku, and/or Vercel
- Experience developing enterprise-grade applications using React, Golang, Python, and headless CMSs.
- Proven success working closely with Product Management, contributing to the product strategy, and helping to successfully deliver on the product roadmap.
- Experience developing and executing thoughtful, pragmatic strategies that address and incorporate technical debt in system architecture.
- Experience partnering with external development and design partners, in both staff augmentation and project-based engagement models
- Ability to lead diverse distributed teams with a culture-first mindset
- Values ownership, radical candor, and shared success at its core
- Ability to use the first principle, using both qualitative and quantitative data, to solve complex problems
- A willingness and comfort with communicating remotely through chat, docs, video calls, and other collaborative online tools
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 5+ years of experience in commercial software engineering with designing, building, and operating distributed systems
- 2+ years of experience managing engineering teams.
Compensation is commensurate with experience and market.
Applicants residing in California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, or New York City may reach out to our Team & Culture Manager, Joleen Buttjer (Joleenbuttjer@theartofeducation.edu) for compensation details.
- Health, dental, and vision plan with 100% premium coverage for individual employees, HSA contribution, and no waiting period (effective 1st month after hire)
- 401K plan with 4% match, no waiting or vesting period
- Free product access (1 FLEX/PRO license to use or gift, plus free AOEU grad courses)
- Unlimited self-managed PTO plus 16+ paid holidays
- Annual holiday company shutdown
- $50/month mobile/internet/coworking space stipend
- $600 home office equipment stipend
- Fully remote, flexible schedule
- 8-weeks paid parental leave
- Lifelong Learning Fund for professional development and educational reimbursement.
For additional information surrounding our offered benefits, visit our website.
The Art of Education University | Who We Are |
We grow amazing art teachers by providing rigorous, relevant, and engaging professional development at every stage of their career.
VISIT US AT
The Art of Education University is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. The Art of Education University will not discriminate against employees or applicants on the basis of actual or perceived age, race, color, national origin/ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation, and related conditions), physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing and characteristics), veteran status, uniformed service member status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local laws. The Art of Education University is a participant of E-Verify.