The Level 1 Fleet Mechanic is responsible for performing light duty repairs and maintenance including oil and filter changes, lube, checking fluid levels and basic R&R, as directed and supervised. This position offers opportunity for spiritual, personal and professional growth. Company paid training is available. This position should display our Core Values of SERVE when interfacing with both internal and external customers to ensure that the message and mission of Answers in Genesis is portrayed in an effective and God honoring fashion.
- Promote the Answers in Genesis mission and standards
- Uphold the Quality Service Standards of Safety, Hospitality, Presentation and Efficiency and create a SERVE culture environment in all work done.
- Execute tasks as they are assigned
- Inspect fluid levels and tire pressure, adding as needed to bring to required level
- Examine vehicles to determine if additional safety or service work is required
- Communicate with supervisor to obtain required parts
- Report any damaged or defective parts to supervisor
- Road test vehicle
- Document all work in FMX
- Operate all tools in a safe manner
- Report any safety issues immediately to supervisor
- Keeps shop area neat and clean
- Understands and complies with safety regulations including OSHA and hazardous waste disposal