Position maintains primary responsibilities for providing counseling, advocacy, and case management to domestic violence survivors within the Domestic Violence Services program. This includes coordinating in-house and community resources to meet the needs of the clients.
Relationships and Contacts
Within the organization: Initiates and maintains professional working relationships with staff throughout the organization including peers, supervisors/managers, directors, senior and executive management.
Outside the organization: Initiates and maintains professional working relationships with shelter clients, transitional housing clients, community clients, volunteers, general public, vendors, and board members.
- Identify barriers to success and makes appropriate referrals.
- Interacts closely with community organizations to remain current on resources available and to be able disseminate accurate knowledge; advocates for victims and makes, and trains others to make, appropriate referrals.
- Provide individual and group counseling for residents living in Weaver Center, transitional housing clients, and community clients.
- Assess client needs and develop case plan with residents, providing regular sessions to ensure progress.
- Measure results, tracks data and submits timely reports to Program Manager.
- Facilitate support groups with survivors of domestic violence.
- Provides schedule facilitator support by rotating one week, every seven weeks.
- Maintain accurate and confidential records for each client, documenting resident behaviors, incidents, interactions, and progress in consistent and ethical manner.
- Conduct intake and orientation to program and shelter in a timely and caring manner.
- Conduct exit interviews and safety planning with residents departing shelter.
- Respond to crisis calls and makes appropriate referrals.
- Assume responsibility for residential coverage, as appropriate.
- Provide transportation for residents as appropriate.
- Provide support and assistance to volunteers as needed during shift.
- Develop an understanding of agency and program policies and procedures, implementing appropriately and interpreting to residents and volunteers.
- Monitor resident activity throughout shelter and manage conflict through appropriate intervention.
- Protect confidentiality of clients at all times.
- Attends program staff meetings, in-service training sessions, YW Total Staff, and other meetings as requested.
- Continually addresses all aspects of professional development.
- Perform other duties as assigned.