Position provides high quality AMEND Together programming for students in MNPS K-12 schools and identified communities.
Relationships and Contacts
Within the organization: Maintains frequent and close professional relationships with immediate peers and immediate supervisor.
Outside the organization: Maintains frequent and close professional relationships with clients, vendors and school officials.
- Facilitates creative, experiential AMEND Together clubs to K-12 aged boys in accordance with youth development principles and MNPS standards, always maintaining appropriate staff-student ratio.
- Establishes and maintains effective relationships with school administrators, staff and appropriate community agencies to provide quality services to program participants.
- Serves as a liaison between MNPS schools and AMEND Together at YWCA.
- Creates and maintains a safe learning environment that is student-centered, mission-focused and accessible to a diverse student body.
- Maintains student retention in accordance with fiscal year goals.
- Achieves outcomes as determined by fiscal year objectives.
- Participates in YWCA Amend Together activities and/or events as needed.
- Recruits students and faculty to participate in YWCA AMEND Together activities and/or events, as needed.
- Tracks daily attendance, outcomes and other statistics; submits accurate and timely reports as required in ETO.
- Maintains confidential student records in compliance with MNPS and FERPA.
- Collaborates with Sr. Director of Youth Development Services to adapt curriculum and materials across all age groups served.
- Facilitates student service learning projects.
- Recruit, enroll and provide program orientation for youth in targeted schools.
- Purchase and package supplies for all sites.
- Believes in the value and potential of every student.
- Impacts student progress in academics, attendance, and behavior using data points/outcomes.
- Provides family outreach, involving students’ parents in student activities through regular communication.
- Provides training and supervision to program volunteers, as needed.
- Actively participates in Team meetings, Total Staff meetings, and other meetings as required.
- Continually seeks to improve through professional development.
- Represents the YWCA brand in an appropriate and professional manner at all times.
- Performs other duties as required and assigned.