AGY is a world leader in supplying high performance materials in the form of glass fiber yarns and reinforcements. Our glass fiber material is used in a broad range of markets, including Automotive, Construction, Defense, Electronics, Aerospace, Marine and Recreation. AGY has offices in Lyon, France and world headquarters is in Aiken, South Carolina.
Summary of Duties:
The Industrial Engineer will report to the EVP of Operations. This position will facilitate and lead our initiative to move to a standard work platform ensuring our employees are consistently trained to produce a consistent product. The Industrial Engineer will maintain the operating cost budgets and product item master tables. This person will also perform labor time studies.
Description of Duties:
- Develop standard work documents for use in Operations training and work instruction documentation.
- Lead and participate in continuous improvement initiatives throughout the facility (i.e., 5S, Kaizen events, etc.).
- Develop and maintain operating cost budgets (labor, efficiencies, materials).
- Maintain product item master tables.
- Create new product codes as needed.
- Perform labor time studies to set production rates.
- Maintain production rate tables.
- Manage and maintain product life cycle in Oracle.
- One-point owner for Oracle database maintenance.
- Cost new products and establish codes.
- Develop and maintain a plant cost reduction tracker and lead the cost reduction activities for the plant.
- Maintain & develop all Purchase Acceptance Standards (PAS’s).
- Maintain & develop all Packaging Material BOM’s.
- Identify opportunities and implement improvements with packaging materials.