Job Descriptions — Foster Parent Recruiter & Retention Specialist
SUMMARY: The Foster Parent Recruiter is responsible for the recruitment and training of potential foster parents, community outreach and administrative duties pertaining to the continuation of foster parent recruitment, retention, and licensure. This position requires flexibility of time and willingness to engage with community partners to build support for the program and agency.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The duties of the Foster Care Recruiter include, but are not limited to the following:
a. Oversees the recruitment process for potential foster parents to include recruitment, training, and licensing
- Responds to foster parent inquiry calls from potential foster parents and community agencies,
c. Develops, maintains, and oversees an organized system to follow up with potential foster parents up to 6 months after the first inquiry/contact,
- Attends community outreach events, including researching and staffing community events in the Baltimore/Washington area for the purpose of educating and recruiting potential foster parents,
- Conducts on- and off-site orientations for potential foster parents,
- Assess needs to retain foster families and complete exit interviews with foster families,
- Audit foster parent files and submit requests for missing documents.
- Attends team meetings regarding foster parents, placements and emerging issues,
- Responsible for finding community resources for advertisements and for placing approved foster parent advertisements,
- Develops and distributes public service announcements,
- Updates information on CJAMS
- Attends agency in-service training as instructed by the supervisor,
- Attends outside training sessions as appropriate,
- Participates in agency related special events,
- Provide monthly reports of efforts made and outcomes to CEO and CA,
- Other duties as assigned by the Chief Administrator and CEO
SUPERVISION: The Foster Care Recruiter is supervised by the Chief Administrator.