POS Product Analyst
EMS is currently seeking a Product Analyst at our headquarters in Cleveland, Ohio. The role of the Product Analyst demands a unique blend of business and technical savvy, sales and relationship management skills, and project coordination. The ideal candidate will be responsible for planning, implementing and the distribution of new features and services relating to the EMS POS solution primarily in the hospitality verticals and working closely with our various sales channels ensuing that we place the right solution in the right merchant venue.
General Function: Coordinate with Marketing, Sales, Relationship Managers, Client Services, Accounting, DEV team, Risk and other relevant department heads and their staff in bringing new products and services to market and managing enhancements to our existing Restaurant POS product making sure EMS is competitive in the market place.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide demonstrations of the POS integrated solution to a variety of clients including: resellers, potential merchants and internal personnel.
- Assist the sales team with assessing the scope of work for an individual merchant location.
- Provide individual merchant price quotes to sales for the POS solution.
- Assist in overseeing new product releases and current product enhancements for the EMS POS product:
- Support Product Development Manager by reviewing product enhancement requirements and maintaining current product roadmap.
- Work with DEV team to coordinate the implementation of new features and enhancements to the POS product managing timelines and expectations associated to the product roadmap.
- Responsible for initial testing of new features/services and enhancements to existing products and monitor all issues and correspondence with DEV/outside vendors.
- Coordinate with all stakeholders the launch of any releases.
- Develop and maintain product documentation (training material and aids) for both internal and external users.
- Assist in product trainings for both internal and external users
- Work closely with Client Services, monitoring additional testing and product feedback.
- Work with all internal departments on issues/bugs related to the development, implementation and ongoing support of each product.
- Monitor industry trends related to the POS industry, including reading industry periodicals, web sites and other means necessary to be an industry expert.
- Attend various industry trade shows.
- Develop relationships with key customers and internal sales organizations, ensuring EMS products are competitive in features and price.
- May possibly require travel to customer site to present and demonstrate the product solution
- Develops working knowledge of industry practices and standards including QIR and PCI-DSS.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Associates Degree in a related field, professional IT certifications, or two years of experience in a project/implementation role or POS experience.
- Prior experience in software configuration or equivalent experience as an end-user or support technician (help desk) for hospitality POS systems.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as, operating and maintenance instructions, procedural and technical manuals.
- Experience and the ability to install and troubleshoot Windows 10.
- Experience and the ability to resolve problems which arise on Android based tablets and systems.
- Must have an aptitude of PC/Windows/Internet related technologies; knowledge and experience working with MS Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc. and must demonstrate an ability to learn new and customized software/web-based applications.
- Strong analytical, organization and planning skills and ability to communicate clearly in writing and through presentations.
- Ability to self-manage and prioritize workload, meet required deadlines and manage multiple account implementations.
- Must be able to create, modify and complete Business Requirement Documents.
- Ability to adapt in a dynamic industry and work in a fast paced office.
- Excellent communication skills; Ability to effectively communicate and present across multiple business levels and functions.
- Strong attention to detail
- Highly organized
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Prior history and experience working in restaurant/bar hospitality industry.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, IT or related fields.
- Experience with Total Touch capable POS systems and Total Touch POS software.
- Experience with DataCap NETePay.
- Prior experience in Merchant Services, Electronic Payments Industry or with a leading POS/Software vendor.
- Understanding and ability to demonstrate knowledge of various architectural components of POS/Software solutions, Middleware, gateway platforms and Backend application systems.
- Understanding and ability to demonstrate knowledge of relevant technologies such as IP Networks/Topologies, network security, PCI, server hardware, firewalls and databases.
- Competitive salary
- 401k plan with company match
- Paid holidays
- Company contribution towards health/dental/vision insurance
- Employee discounts
- Career growth opportunities
- Recognition and rewards for excellence