At every Celebree School™, our mission is to protect, educate, and nurture the children in our care. Child care jobs with our School family are life-changing ones. We say Celebree Schools are a place where we grow people big and small because we all learn from each other, every day. At Celebree Schools, we are committed to offering qualified educators rewarding child care jobs. We encourage staff members opportunities to become increasingly proficient in their position with the chance to grow within the Celebree Organization. To those ends, we have developed and implemented our Employee Investment Cycle.
Click Here to Watch a video from our Celebree Team: https://vimeo.com/486517180
Position Summary: Plan and direct operations of the assigned classroom for school age activities to ensure Celebree mission, vision and values are upheld, and children are provided with a developmentally age appropriate learning environment. Provide support and direction to teacher assistant.
- Manages classroom ensuring compliance with all MSDE-OCC regulations, company standards, policies and procedures.
- Provides a welcoming and friendly classroom environment for all children, parents and visitors.
- Maintains attractive and current classroom/hallway displays and an educational and informative Parent Board that is updated regularly.
- Creates and implements thorough, timely lesson plans that are age appropriate and stimulating in accordance with weekly themes and Celebree’s curriculum; manages effective classroom transitions; ensures that the activities of said lesson plans are clearly delegated and communicated to all staff involved.
- Assists and supervises children during all activities; counsels children as needed using Conscious Discipline and appropriate behavior management techniques.
- Communicates effectively with parents, e.g., greeting by name, addressing concerns in a timely manner, giving positive feedback, and providing regular updates on their child’s development and classroom happenings.
- Maintains open and effective communication with team and parents
- Identifies opportunities and/or problems in the classroom and center and works with the assistant teacher and/or center director to resolve.
- Maintains certification requirements (three Continuing Education Credits per year).
Ideal candidate will have an AA(or credit equivalent) degree in Elementary Education, Psychology, Child Development, Family Studies or a similar discipline. Those with the 45 clock hrs Child Development (birth through school-age), 45 clock hrs Curriculum for School Age Care, the 9 clock hrs of training in communicating with staff, parents, and the public, and 400 hours of experience with School children or 1 year of college (30 semester hours) will also be given consideration on a case by case basis.