Glacial Ridge Health System hiring a responsible and self-motivated cook to perform cooking and cooking preparation in an efficient, attractive, and nutritional manner. The position is part-time and includes cleaning duties as assigned. We hire for attitude and teamwork so we will train the right person!
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare food from menu for patients at each meal service.
- Plan and prepare additional menu items for cafeteria service.
- Consult with manager in regards to menu plans.
- Assemble meal tray for breakfast, lunch, dinner meals.
- Check accuracy of tray before sent to patient.
- Portion and serve foods and beverage on the tray.
- Serve food to hospital guests in common ground café.
- Document temperatures for prepared food and storage areas.
- Prepare food for special functions and baking when needed.
- Adhere to strict sanitation practices.
- Assure night food supplies are adequate.
- Attend in-service education meetings as required.
- Perform cleaning duties according to posted cleaning schedule.
- Assist other cooks/team members as needed.
- Perform other tasks as employer requires.