Gotham Greens is seeking an Inventory Data Specialist to join our Operations and team and will be responsible for maintaining accurate records of physical inventory. This role reports to the Director of Operations.
Gotham Greens is creating new ways to farm, produce local food, revitalize communities and innovate for a sustainable future. As the inventory subject matter expert for the company, you are well-versed in inventory control best practices and systems. The ideal candidate is organized, and results-driven with great problem-solving skills.
What You’ll Do
- Review and process daily inventory cycle-count adjustments submitted by Plant Operations teams.
- Perform all inventory, production, and distribution transactions for third-party copacker locations.
- Monitor all inventory control transactions for accuracy and timeliness.
- Train the Operations team on inventory control processes and best practices.
- Assist Distribution Supervisors and Production Planning team with troubleshooting and resolving inventory discrepancies affecting sales order allocation, transfers, and donations.
- Assist Sales Support team with shipping and invoicing orders.
- Support Operations and Food Safety leadership with product recall procedure.
- Coordinate mid-month and end-of-month inventory counts with Plant Operations and Accounting leadership, and assist with reconciliation of inventory variances.
- Admin and super user for the ERP, MRP, production and distribution systems and tools.
- Responsible for user access, item and BOM setup and maintenance, and application configuration.
- Maintain the training library for production, inventory control, and distribution systems. Train the Operations team on all relevant systems as needed.
- Resolve or escalate Operations Help Desk support tickets.
- Build and maintain operations support resources in MS Sharepoint, including custom Sharepoint lists, ad-hoc MS Excel tools, and operations data for reporting.
- Provide periodic reporting for Operations and Accounting leadership, including:
- Sales vs Production reports
- Inventory transactions, such as regional transfers, donations, and samples
- Storage capacity reports
- Daily finished good inventory report
- Inventory Quality Analysis
- Research and document inventory discrepancies using all available resources to identify root causes.
- Identify inventory quality trends and recommend appropriate solutions.
Who You Are
- 1-2 years’ experience in operations
- Bachelor’s Degree required from an accredited college or university
- Knowledge of operations, manufacturing, and inventory control principles
- Experience in MRP (Manufacturing Resource Planning) and ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning)
- Working knowledge of MS Office, specifically MS Excel
- Experience with VBA, SQL, and Tableau preferred
- Ability to partner and communicate with cross-functional teams
- Strong organizational, communication, and problem-solving skills
- Proactive self-starter with an ability to excel in a dynamic, ever-changing environment
- This position requires occasional night, holiday or weekend availability.
Who We Are
Gotham Greens is on a mission to transform how and where fresh produce is grown. We are a pioneer in urban indoor agriculture and a leading fresh produce and food company. Through our national network of local high-tech farms, Gotham Greens delivers fresh, long-lasting, and delicious leafy greens, herbs, salad dressings, and pesto dips all year round to retail, restaurant, and foodservice customers. Founded in 2009, the company opened its first greenhouse in Brooklyn, N.Y., shortly thereafter. Today, Gotham Greens operates 500,000 square feet of high-tech greenhouses across five U.S. states.
Our team of nearly 400 is hardworking, supportive, and passionate about sustainable urban agriculture. We work to create an environment that is caring, fun, and collaborative. Gotham Greens is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Gotham Greens offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. We are proud to be an affirmative action equal opportunity employer and comply with all applicable federal, state, and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls or agencies please.