This position is responsible for ensuring the completeness and accuracy of all financial transactions, month-end close, and financial reporting to PlayCore. In addition, this position assists in financial and operational analysis to achieve operational excellence and maximum profitability.
A successful Accounting Manager combines excellent analytical and communication skills with a thorough knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for maintaining the accuracy and completeness of financial statements and supporting ledgers in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) for effective and efficient reporting and analysis.
- Close the financial records each month accurately and according to a predetermined schedule. Meets monthly close deadlines 100% of the time.
- Prepare journal entries and reconciliations for monthly close in an accurate and timely manner.
- Prepare monthly management reporting and accompanying schedules, worksheets and narratives, including “Budget/Forecast/Prior Year vs. Actual” variance reports. Follow-up and document significant variances.
- Prepare the annual budget and periodic forecasts working with the management team.
- Responsible for compiling the information submitted to, and coordinating with, a third-party sales tax service to ensure taxes are calculated and paid accurately and timely.
- Prepare and analyze financial reporting and metrics required by the management team to be proactive and drive improved visibility and performance.
- Participate in cross-department meetings and provide financial perspective to operational and strategic initiatives.
- Contribute to department and Company special projects as necessary.
- Prepare and submit all required financial and supplemental reporting to PlayCore.
- Evaluate and make appropriate improvements to accounting processes ensuring that practices are efficient, effective, and support the overall goals of the organization.
- Evaluate current processes and internal controls, both within the accounting group as well as interfaces with other Company departments and recommend and drive process and control improvements.
- Provide outstanding customer service to both internal and external customers.
- Supervise, coach, and develop employees performing accounting activities.
- Other duties may be assigned by Manager.