Please click HERE to watch a short video regarding the experience and expectations of Camp Widji Staff prior to completing the application.
Returning Camp Widji seasonal staff? We’d love to have you back! Complete your seasonal staff agreement today and receive a bonus at the end of summer!
Pay: $100 per day
Consistent with the Christian mission and vision of the YMCA of Middle TN, and in cooperation with other YMCA staff, under the direction of the Waterfront Coordinator, the Lifeguard will responsible for supervising of all camp aquatic activities including swim instruction, canoe and kayak instruction, water ski instruction, banana and pontoon boating, and sailing. S/he will maintain the safety of the campers and staff and ensure the camp’s daily program is run efficiently through detailed supervision and objective decision making.
- Model the YMCA core values: Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility
- Safeguard the lives of campers, staff and other camp guests in all aquatic areas
- Enforce rules in courteous but firm manner; safeguard lives of guests and participants
- Comply with YMCA of Middle Tennessee Aquatic Safety Standards and attend the required in-services
- Assist in maintenance of aquatic areas including cleaning and security; check area for hazardous conditions upon arrival
- Ensure camp programs are delivered to all guests in a safe and fun environment
- Keep swimming area clean and ready for inspections
- Ensure safe and risk free environment at all times while meeting the individual needs of the participants
- Report to work on time, in uniform and at position when shift begins
- Comply with American Red Cross standards to maintain certification
- Secure area by locking all doors and access points when a lifeguard is not on duty
- Assure that each camper has a pleasant experience and their goals are adequately met with skills development and progressive curriculum
- Carry out all other tasks/objectives as assigned by the Day Camp Director; maintain a positive working relationship with all staff
- Be alert to program safety factors and potential hazards; prevent accidents and minimize or eliminate hazardous situations; report any problems or hazards to the Waterfront Coordinator or Executive Director