(n.) someone who takes on a new challenge every day; using tactical skills and real-time strategy to operate machinery efficiently and effectively.
The Machine Operator works directly with the production team to expertly operate machinery with deductive reasoning, optimally completing products in the overall production flow.
What You’ll Do
- Startup, shut down and operate machines such as CNC, edge bander, panel saw and more to assist in the creation of custom woodworks products.
- As we evolve as a company, your responsibilities will continue to evolve; including learning and adapting to software advancements.
- Be available as a resource for Production Manager and production team who need assistance with completing projects.
Essentials We’re Looking For
- Punctual, reliable, effective communication, and basic understanding of programming with knowledge to locate and maneuver through operation programs.
- Interest in a changing environment, learning and gaining new knowledge, job flexibility, not knowing what challenges tomorrow might bring.
- Self-motivation, works well with others and independently, emulates a positive attitude, provides quality customer service, works productively, thinks critically with complex problem solving and evaluation skills.
- Ability to multi-task and work well under changing conditions on a variety of projects, working accurately and quickly under pressure, prioritize and work flexibly to meet deadlines.
- Experience with general woodworking, manufacturing, fabrication, construction or designing.
- Understanding of programming or coding.
The Boring Stuff
Reports To: Production Manager
Benefit Classification: Hourly, Full-time
Education/Work Experience: High-school, AA, BA/BS, MA/MS, PhD? First-time employee, seasoned expert, entrepreneur? All encouraged to apply. We’re excited to hear how your education and work experiences were unique and how you excelled! What will make you successful in this role?
- Ever-Changing/Adapting Environment
- Competitive Wage
- Vacation & Holiday Pay
- 401K/Retirement & Company Match
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short-Term Disability
- H.S.A. (Health Savings Account) & Company Contribution