Please click HERE to watch a short video regarding the experience and expectations of Camp Widji Staff prior to completing the application.
Returning Camp Widji seasonal staff? We’d love to have you back! Complete your seasonal staff agreement today and receive a bonus at the end of summer!
Pay: $115 per day
Consistent with the Christian mission and vision of the YMCA of Middle Tennessee, and in cooperation with other YMCA staff, under the direction of the Resident Camp Director, the Resident Camp Village Leader is responsible for supervising his/her cabin and village, maintaining the safety of the campers and staff, and ensuring the camp’s daily program is run efficiently through detailed supervision and objective decision making.
- Model the YMCA core values: Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility
- Be an appropriate role model for all campers & staff
- Guide the camper’s character development and facilitate friendship forging
- Guide & direct campers and staff in a variety of camp activities and teach activity skill development
- Participate in camp family programs
- Maintain correspondence home to the parents of your campers
- Serve as a cabin counselor
- Ensure camp programs are delivered to all guests in a safe and fun environment
- Follow all rules and safety regulations as set forth by the center
- Ensures that each guest and client has a pleasant experience and their goals and purpose was adequately met
- Maintain a positive working relationship with other staff
- Carry out all other task and objectives as assigned by the Resident Camp Director