Please click HERE to watch a short video regarding the experience and expectations of Camp Widji Staff prior to completing the application.
Returning Camp Widji seasonal staff? We’d love to have you back! Complete your seasonal staff agreement today and receive a bonus at the end of summer!
Pay: $110 per day
Consistent with the Christian mission and vision of the YMCA of Middle Tennessee, and in cooperation with other YMCA staff, under the direction of the Resident Camp Director, the Health Lodge Assistant is responsible for participating in the daily operations of the Health Center and cooperating with overall coordination of the health of the camp community.
- Model the YMCA core values: Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility
- Be an appropriate role model for all campers & staff
- Work with the Camp Directors and Camp Nurse to organize and prepare medication for campers
- Work with Camp Nurse during sick calls
- Maintain cleanliness of the Health Center
- Count and record total number of campers seen, number referred and number spending the night
- Communicate with Day and Resident Camp Directors about camper issues
- Coordinate and ensure all campers have a current health form on file in the health lodge
- Ensure that health forms are organized and prepared 1 week prior to each session
- Prepare dietary needs for Dining Lodge 1 week prior to each session
- Transport campers to and from the health lodge
- Ensure Ouch Reports are sent home with injured campers
- Order needed supplies for health lodge
- Be readily available to help in health lodge
- Follow all rules and safety regulations as set forth by the center
- Ensures that each guest and client has a pleasant experience and their goals and purpose was adequately met
- Maintain a positive working relationship with other staff
- Carry out all other task and objectives as assigned by the Resident Camp Director