Please click HERE to watch a short video regarding the experience and expectations of Camp Widji Staff prior to completing the application.
Returning Camp Widji seasonal staff? We’d love to have you back! Complete your seasonal staff agreement today and receive a bonus at the end of summer!
Pay: $120 per day
Consistent with the Christian mission and vision of the YMCA of Middle Tennessee, and in cooperation with other YMCA staff, under the direction of the Day Camp Director, the Waterfront Coordinator is responsible for the direct supervision, control, organization, and scheduling of Lifeguards and other staff for all aquatic areas. S/he will supervise the care and safety of all campers and staff at all water activities and ensure the camp’s daily program is run efficiently through detailed supervision and objective decision making.
- Model the YMCA core values: Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility
- Organize, plan, schedule and coordinate all aquatic programming; assist with the implementation of new aquatic programming
- Supervise the Head Lifeguard and Boating Coordinator; including the training, supervising, and evaluating of aquatics staff
- Ensure all programs are staffed appropriately and train all staff in emergency procedures, incident reporting, and first aid
- Lifeguard and lead programs in support of staff when necessary; provide fun, supportive work environment with high staff morale and proper recognition
- Comply with YMCA of Middle Tennessee Aquatic Safety Standards and attend the required in-services
- Comply with American Red Cross standards to maintain certification
- Manage all necessary information and records such as chemical logs, certifications, incident reports and other as needed
- Maintain a clean and safe pool, beach and dock are; ensure programs are delivered to all guests in a safe and fun environment
- Supervise the Spirit of America boater’s safety program
- Direct the Canoe With a Parent program
- Follow all rules and safety regulations as set forth by camp
- Ensure that each camper has a pleasant experience and their goals are adequately met with skills development and progressive curriculum
- Carry out all other tasks/objectives as assigned by the Day Camp Director; maintain a positive working relationship with all staff