Please click HERE to watch a short video regarding the experience and expectations of Camp Widji Staff prior to completing the application.
Returning Camp Widji seasonal staff? We’d love to have you back! Complete your seasonal staff agreement today and receive a bonus at the end of summer!
Pay Rate: $120 per day
Consistent with the Christian mission and vision of the YMCA of Middle Tennessee, and in cooperation with other YMCA staff, under the direction of the Waterfront Coordinator, the Boating Coordinator will supervise the care and safety of all campers and staff at all boating activities and ensure the camp’s daily program is run efficiently through detailed supervision and objective decision making.
- Model the YMCA core values: Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility
- Supervise the Sailing staff, boating lifeguards and all boating programs
- Maintain American Red Cross lifeguard certification and attend the required in-services
- Safeguard the lives of campers, staff and other camp guests in boating areas
- Enforce facility rules in courteous but firm manner
- Supervise the Boater’s Education safety program
- Manage all boat maintenance including ensuring gas tanks are properly filled
- Assure that each camper has a pleasant experience and their goals are adequately met with skills development and progressive curriculum
- Ensure camp programs are delivered to all guests in a safe and fun environment
- Follow all rules and safety regulations as set forth by the center
- Maintain a positive working relationship with other staff
- Carry out all other task and objectives as assigned by the Waterfront Coordinator
- Be alert to program safety factors and potential hazards; report any problems or hazards to the Waterfront or Day Camp Director